Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Intelligent People's Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:18
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

A poll to the quantum scientists out there: What's your take on the wave-particle duality?  Copenhagen, hidden variables, multiverse, sum-over-histories, or what?

I'm a DeBroglie guy myself, I think his hidden variables theories make a lot of sense.  Sum-over-histories is also an interesting theory, and I think it's actually sort of similar to the DeBroglie model, or perhaps could be the mechanism behind the "hidden variables." Hmmmm.....that's an interesting idea.  I'm gonna mull that over a bit. 
COPENHAGEN 4 LIFE YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink

This stuff is really confusing yet way too interesting.
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rileydog22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:20
Copenhagen isn't confusing.  It's just the opposite; it's a cop-out.  "Ummmmmm.....stuff happens?  and we don't know what it is, so it's obviously impossible to konw what happens!  So let's stop thinking about it!"

cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuncuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:22
1.- I'm brown (my skin is smart ebough to have pigmentation highly resistent to UV radiation.

2.- I'm small (need less energy, fit in small places, like the subway in pic hour).

3.- I'm cuncuna. I can answer anything.

4.- I like prog, but I don't have problems with the opposite sex at all.

5.- I know what crostini is.
ĦBeware of the Bee!

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:22
DeBroglie makes the most sense to me.
Atomic_Rooster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomic_Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:23

Copenhagen isn't confusing.  It's just the opposite; it's a cop-out.  "Ummmmmm.....stuff happens?  and we don't know what it is, so it's obviously impossible to konw what happens!  So let's stop thinking about it!"

Actually thats why I like it.

FOUND THE MINI-CHEESCAKES!
I am but a servant of the mighty Fripp, the sound of whose loins shall forever be upon the tongues of his followers.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomic_Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:24
Originally posted by cuncuna cuncuna wrote:

1.- I'm brown (my skin is smart ebough to have pigmentation highly resistent to UV radiation.

2.- I'm small (need less energy, fit in small places, like the subway in pic hour).

3.- I'm cuncuna. I can answer anything.

4.- I like prog, but I don't have problems with the opposite sex at all.

5.- I know what crostini is.

Ahh, you could be very useful indeed, especially for numbers 2 and 4, cuz we all got problems with the ladies in here!

You're in
I am but a servant of the mighty Fripp, the sound of whose loins shall forever be upon the tongues of his followers.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:31

Indeed, and mini cheescake is nothing without some salmon egg.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomic_Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:33
unfortunately rileydog ate all the salmon egg (and bull penises) so we've got some prime rib and filet mignon that my dog found!
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhikkhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:35
One of my best attributes is that I would never want to join anything that says it's membership is superior to others.
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Miracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:35
I have problems with the ladies because they don't like guys who are smarter than them.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:35
Originally posted by Atomic_Rooster Atomic_Rooster wrote:

unfortunately rileydog ate all the salmon egg (and bull penises) so we've got some prime rib and filet mignon that my dog found!

AngryALL the bull penis?
Well, we never can go wrong with filet mignon.

Edited by JJLehto - May 02 2007 at 22:36
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClemofNazareth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:39

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
heyitsthatguy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyitsthatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:50
ass

rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rileydog22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:51
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

AngryALL the bull penis?

Sorry, I was really hungry.  Quantum physics really stirs up the appetite, y'know?

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:52
Originally posted by bhikkhu bhikkhu wrote:

I would never want to join anything that says it's membership is superior to others.

opposite of the classic "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me for a member."

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:55

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

AngryALL the bull penis?

Sorry, I was really hungry.  Quantum physics really stirs up the appetite, y'know?

It is no problem at all rileydog.
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuncuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 22:57
A truly important reason to be included: I'm ahead of my time in 20 minutes.
ĦBeware of the Bee!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomic_Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 00:15
I'll update my thread opening post periodically so we know who the members all are.

Don't worry, I'll pickup some more bull penis in the morningPig

I feel you The Miracle, but its ok, we don't need no dumb girls - but some intelligent ones are welcome to joinPig
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 00:37
Thank You.
And I'm going to bed, even the most intelligent people on the planet need to sleep.
I have not yet evolved beyond that need.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 01:21
1. I have mastered time travel.
2. I have thumbs.
3. I spell definitely definately as often as possible.
4. I can count to ten.
5. I have invented more then 15 languages that only I can speak.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>