Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salem Hill DVD "Mystery Loves Company" now on sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSalem Hill DVD "Mystery Loves Company" now on sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salem Hill DVD "Mystery Loves Company" now on sale
    Posted: May 03 2007 at 14:44
The long awaited DVD from these american favorites is now on sale and will begin shipping next week. If you buy during the pre-sale the price is $17.95, once the shipping starts the price goes to $19.95. You can read the press release at http://www.progrockrecords.com/press/view.php?id=72 and you can see the track list and order from http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=123
Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 16:05
Shawn, I'll check it out.  TROM, Be and MMM are all classics.  Any news on a new studio album? 

And any response to what they had to say about PRR in the new interview on their web site?
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
BigBoss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 16:38
no info on a new studio album.

As to the comments in the interview, they said they hoped sales would have been bigger - well, we had the same hope as well, they are certainly more widely available through us than on their own, but there is also perception. SH put's out albums pretty slowly, so even going back to BE, the market was different, there were less bands and sales in general were higher because there was less going on and fewer choices. Basically all we can do is make it available and make people aware of it, it is up to the market to purchase it or not, we can't control it. I'm perpetually surprised at the things that sell poorly that I thought would sell better and the things that sell great that I thought would be slow sellers. With that said, we've just recently made some deals that greatly expands our footprint throughout europe, which will make for much greater ease of purchasing.

I love Carl, he is incredibly talented and passionate about what he does, I always look forward to what he does.
Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 17:18
Looking forward to seeing this DVD. "Mimi's Magic Moment" is a brilliant CD which, in an ideal world, would sell by the bucketload.
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 19:29
I may have to get this one! I really like Carl's performance with Glass Hammer on their latest DVD.

Too bad "Stolen By Ghosts" isn't on this one.

E
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 19:31
Originally posted by BigBoss BigBoss wrote:

no info on a new studio album.

As to the comments in the interview, they said they hoped sales would have been bigger - well, we had the same hope as well, they are certainly more widely available through us than on their own, but there is also perception. SH put's out albums pretty slowly, so even going back to BE, the market was different, there were less bands and sales in general were higher because there was less going on and fewer choices. Basically all we can do is make it available and make people aware of it, it is up to the market to purchase it or not, we can't control it. I'm perpetually surprised at the things that sell poorly that I thought would sell better and the things that sell great that I thought would be slow sellers. With that said, we've just recently made some deals that greatly expands our footprint throughout europe, which will make for much greater ease of purchasing.

I love Carl, he is incredibly talented and passionate about what he does, I always look forward to what he does.

Thanks for being open about it.  I would hate for the band to go under due to poor sales as I think they still have a lot of good material left in them.  Keep doing your best.  I know you do.

Edited by johnobvious - May 03 2007 at 19:32
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
BigBoss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 22:43
I do want to be clear, it isn't like they sold 500 copies or something, we sold a decent volume, but we had really hoped to take it to the next level with MMM, maybe we have a second chance with this new distribution that just came up.
Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
 Post Reply Post Reply