Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2014 at 11:14
Watched last night: Enslaved - Return to Yggdrasil - Live in Bergen

Was:
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 11:10
I just set up some nice acoustic wall panels in my living room, so I will be treating my eyes and ears to THRESHOLD's CRITICAL ENERGY concert DVD.

One of the best. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 18:23
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I just set up some nice acoustic wall panels in my living room, so I will be treating my eyes and ears to THRESHOLD's CRITICAL ENERGY concert DVD.

I hope you have the home system 5.1 because this one is real treat in surround!
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 13:40
Watching the interview with Ian Anderson on this:

Have had this for a few years, but never watched the interview before. He talks about when Mick Abrahams left the band and Martin Barre came in, and of course the Stand Up album, and what happened 'round the band around the time when the album was released. Pretty interesting.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 19:49
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

I hope you have the home system 5.1 because this one is real treat in surround!

Indeedith I Do!!!

1160 watt home theater system complete with a Harmon Kardon receiver. I blast these concert DVDs like crazy.
The amount of fun I have doing this is unreal. :)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 11:54
Watched this last night:
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 14:43
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 18:42
Not Prog but it's what I am watching:

AC/DC - No Bull cover
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 20:24
This is one of the most tragically overlooked DVD titles on the site.  It is wonderful.  A very young Epica in a sound studio with an amazing choir and chamber section.  More melodic and not quite as heavy as later stuff, it is full of good will and musical spirit between the many participants.  And the best part is no stupid crowd noise or performance antics/lights.....just musicians and good tunes.

Epica 2 Meter Sessies - We will take you with us album cover

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 17:37
The accompanying DVD to this:
First viewing.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 19:01
REDEMPTION--- Live from the Pit.
JohnNicholson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnNicholson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2014 at 03:18
I quite enjoyed Between the Buried and Me's Live at the Fidelitorium. Great performance of The Parallax II album. Anyone checked this?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 16:41
The Aristocrats - "Boing, We'll Do It Live!" (2012)
The Aristocrats BOING, Well Do It Live! album cover
Had a listen to the CDs earlier. Now for the DVD.

Edited by The Bearded Bard - January 26 2015 at 14:26
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 14:33
Watching and listening to the accompanying Blu-ray to this now for the first time.
Pink Floyd The Endless River album cover
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 15:16

REDEMPTION--- Live from the Pit.

Yes, I watched this one yesterday actually; it's a great concert.

This evening, I followed it up with Angra: Rebirth Live In Sao Paulo 2001... another top notch concert.
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 08:08
Ludus Danielis: The Play of Daniel (Vanden Plas)

A 'Rock Opera/Play' about the Book of Daniel chapters 5 & 6 (Belshazzar's Feast/ The Lion's Den) from an anonymous 13th century manuscript. Performed in Kaiserslautern in 2008 with Andy Kuntz in the role of Daniel. Now quite difficult to get hold of, but it's an interesting and unusual watch.
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 08:23
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Ludus Danielis: The Play of Daniel (Vanden Plas)

A 'Rock Opera/Play' about the Book of Daniel chapters 5 & 6 (Belshazzar's Feast/ The Lion's Den) from an anonymous 13th century manuscript. Performed in Kaiserslautern in 2008 with Andy Kuntz in the role of Daniel. Now quite difficult to get hold of, but it's an interesting and unusual watch.

Jared! Good to see ya again! Anyway, this sounds amazing. Love me the Plas!

For me today on a lazy Sunday...

While heaven wept--live at the hammer of doom festival (2010)

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 08:47
^^ pleased you liked the Redemption DVD.

The only one I have on the shelf unwatched at present is Orphaned Land: The Road To OR-Shalem which I hope to get around to over the coming weeks.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 12:39
Hi,

None ... but I have been watching a lot of Tangerine Dream on the tube ... and it was hilarious to see Edgar thrash a piano!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 15:56
Just finished this:
Marillion Live from Loreley album cover
Always a good watch. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>