Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2014 at 11:14
Watched last night: Enslaved - Return to Yggdrasil - Live in Bergen

Was:
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 11:10
I just set up some nice acoustic wall panels in my living room, so I will be treating my eyes and ears to THRESHOLD's CRITICAL ENERGY concert DVD.

One of the best. :)
If you have sensitive and analytical sound equipment quality after market audio interconnects/cables make a HUGE difference in overall sound quality...Wider soundstage, reduced microphonics etc etc..
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 18:23
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I just set up some nice acoustic wall panels in my living room, so I will be treating my eyes and ears to THRESHOLD's CRITICAL ENERGY concert DVD.

I hope you have the home system 5.1 because this one is real treat in surround!
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa

"I am not afraid of Death, I just don't want to be there when it happens".

- Woody Allen

The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 13:40
Watching the interview with Ian Anderson on this:

Have had this for a few years, but never watched the interview before. He talks about when Mick Abrahams left the band and Martin Barre came in, and of course the Stand Up album, and what happened 'round the band around the time when the album was released. Pretty interesting.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2014 at 19:49
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I hope you have the home system 5.1 because this one is real treat in surround!

Indeedith I Do!!!

1160 watt home theater system complete with a Harmon Kardon receiver. I blast these concert DVDs like crazy.
The amount of fun I have doing this is unreal. :)

If you have sensitive and analytical sound equipment quality after market audio interconnects/cables make a HUGE difference in overall sound quality...Wider soundstage, reduced microphonics etc etc..
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 11:54
Watched this last night:
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 14:43
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 18:42
Not Prog but it's what I am watching:

AC/DC - No Bull cover
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2014 at 20:24
This is one of the most tragically overlooked DVD titles on the site.  It is wonderful.  A very young Epica in a sound studio with an amazing choir and chamber section.  More melodic and not quite as heavy as later stuff, it is full of good will and musical spirit between the many participants.  And the best part is no stupid crowd noise or performance antics/lights.....just musicians and good tunes.

Epica 2 Meter Sessies - We will take you with us album cover

Merry Christmas!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2014 at 17:37
The accompanying DVD to this:
First viewing.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 19:01
REDEMPTION--- Live from the Pit.
JohnNicholson View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnNicholson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2014 at 03:18
I quite enjoyed Between the Buried and Me's Live at the Fidelitorium. Great performance of The Parallax II album. Anyone checked this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic