Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 12:06
Been spending some time getting to know Ze Pink Floyd better than I already do with
PINK FLOYD: UNCUT.

This is remarkable. 10 DVDs of pure Floyd with some cool extras. Worth the 45$ I paid for it.
Highly recommended if love the Floyd ridiculously. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2015 at 17:22
I'm watching right now an Ozric Tentacles live DVD - Fridge, Brixton.
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 13:46
Before:

Motorpsycho and Ståle Storløkken - En konsert for folk flest (2015)

Now:

Supersilent - 7 (2005)
First viewing. Wow! Clap Talk about getting one's socks blown off! Hooo! What a ride! Big smile

Edited by The Bearded Bard - August 02 2015 at 15:52
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 16:39
OK, I need something soothing after that raw explosive experience, hmm...let me see...yeah, that'll work!

Now:

Sigur Rós - Valtari Film Experiment (2013)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:41
Just finished watching this for the first time:

Ulver - The Norwegian National Opera (2011)
And what a stunning piece of art it is! Almost nauseatingly grotesque yet breathtakingly beautiful! The songs taken out of album context, and performed in this setting; the grandeur of the stage that is The Norwegian National Opera, with exquisite lighting, disturbing images in the background, and a naked old guy on stilts (!), puts them in a new light, and gives them a deeper meaning than what I've been able to perceive from hearing them as part of their respective albums. Ulver's been a bit hit and miss for me up to this point, but this release, and especially the DVD (I have the CD/DVD edition), might actually be what turns me into a fan of this band. Well, that's perhaps stretching it a bit, but now I can at least say I understand the attraction, and it's magnificent!
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2015 at 03:18
Treated myself to the first disc of Radio Massacre International's M21 live DVD last night.  The picture is just about the most annoying thing I've ever seen, a horrible glowing light obscuring pretty much everything (unbelievably it is intentional as well).  Fortunately the music is absolutely incredible, as good as anything I've ever heard by RMI.  Wish they'd released this on cd only actually Wink.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2015 at 10:43
Hi,

PDQ Bach Live in Houston
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2015 at 14:23
The Aristocrats - BOING, We'll Do It Live! (2012)
The Aristocrats BOING, Well Do It Live! album cover
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 15:07
Newly arrived - A Token of His Extreme
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 15:57
Gåte - Liva (2006)
Gåte Liva album cover
Listened to the CD for the first time earlier this evening, now the DVD get it's first spin.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2015 at 12:02
Arena's CAUGHT IN THE ACT and
Dream theater's THE SCORE.

What? I have the day off.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2015 at 12:24
Jethro Tull Live At Madison Square Garden 1978 (DVD + CD) album cover
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 08:21
Damn this is a hard thread to find.  Didn't come up with searches for "Watching" "dvd" or "tonight".  Also searched e-dubs posts and he had too many so it didn't show up there either.  Had to do an old-fashioned page by page search.

Ding, Dong Loreley On High...
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 10:01
A lazy day with Rush.

Chronicles and exit stage left.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 10:04
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Damn this is a hard thread to find.  Didn't come up with searches for "Watching" "dvd" or "tonight".  Also searched e-dubs posts and he had too many so it didn't show up there either.  Had to do an old-fashioned page by page search.

Ding, Dong Loreley On High...

Great DVD. The version of This Strange Engine, once Trewavas had his sound issues sorted, is supreme.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 10:45
queen live at hammersmith  odeon
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 11:11
Feeling like a Mariilion kind of day.

Live From Cadogan Hall
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 16:45
Queen at the Rainbow 74.

Shake & bake.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 19:42
Second Flight: Live At The Z7 (2CD + Bluray)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2015 at 10:40
Before:
Guapo History Of The Visitation album cover
Now:
First viewing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 31>