Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 20:56
Pain of Salvation - Two deaths of PoS.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2010 at 18:48

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 06 2011 at 18:33
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2010 at 20:37
I just finished watching Gentle Giants Giant On The Box, and up next, Focus' Masters From The Vaults
            it is great to see bands you missed live on dvd-the next best thing!
          Man, i wish there was such a thing as a Triumvirat dvd!

Edited by presdoug - December 31 2010 at 20:39
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 18:33
The Febus CD series gets a lot of attention.  Like to keep this thread active as many of us are watchers as well as listeners.  My wife is watching the Stuperbowl.  I'm not into sports so I decided to go for this:
Soundstage - Umphreys Mcgee: Live DVD Cover Art

Soundstage - Umphrey's Mcgee: Live DVD

Edited by Slartibartfast - February 06 2011 at 19:28
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topographicbroadways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 19:03
There was a 2003 Procol Harum show on TV earlier, i had know idea they had become so Pop Rock centric it was a great show actually i would even consider buying a copy, 
anyway it got to the encore then i noticed Kill Bill was on, which beats hearing A Whiter Shade of Pale again
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 19:19
Last night I watched....

Bought tickets for their June 28th show

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 19:28
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Last night I watched....

I had the Grace Under Pressure VHS but it had disintegrated by the time I tried to copy it to DVD. Unhappy
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

PinkFloydrulez View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkFloydrulez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 05:34
I've been looking a long time for some recs for prog dvds, having a look through this topic ought to do nicely...

As for me, over the weekend I... heh, I don't remember what it was that I watched :x I remember watching a little bit of Dream Theater's Live @ Budokan but that was after watching something else that I enjoyed a bit more.

Oh! The Flaming Lips documentary "The Fearless Freaks"
Good stuff.
http://www.last.fm/user/PinkFloydrulez
http://rateyourmusic.com/~pfr_77
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 10:19
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Last night I watched....

I had the Grace Under Pressure VHS but it had disintegrated by the time I tried to copy it to DVD. Unhappy

That's funny......cause I still have it on VHS, but I recorded it off TV way back not sure when, I assume it was played on VH1 or MTV back when they used to play real musicLOL.
I used to do this a lot but I always bought high end VHS tapes so they are still playable today. I actually recorded the first two season premiers of Miami Vice back in the 80's and they still play......
I'll wait till my VHS turns to dust I guess...

VHS rules!!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 10:35
This is one of my fav VHS concerts for sure.......I am starting to look for a DVD copy online and have noticed the explosion of interest on this one in the last year. I don't remember where I bought my VHS copy from online but now seems like a lot of online stores have it.
The film quality and sound are very bad since it was 16mm reel film....but I am hoping for someone to do some highend editing to improve. I plan to watch it this weekend.......

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 21:14
Decided to pause Dondestan the CD and do this before bed:

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 20:46
Last night :

Starting in a short while :

Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 11:13
Just watched Brave Live 2002 by Marillion, beautiful!
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 16:51

Last night I watched....

A friend and I are going to the June 18th show in San Diego.  This will be my second show in the Time Machine Tour.  I didn't mind buying tickets again since the first show of theirs I went to was my all time favorite concert!

Anyway, I just got done watching the Effloresce portion of my Oceansize Feed To Feed boxset. 
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topographicbroadways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 17:32

Just finished disc 1. A fantastic show it is
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2011 at 22:23
Crimson evening

Fabulous !
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 18:50
Deja Vroom was one of my first DVDs.

Not officially prog here yet:

Now the bonus DVD for this:

Edited by Slartibartfast - April 09 2011 at 20:08

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 23:11
I might watch either the Anesthetize blu-ray or the Everyone Into Position dvd of Oceansize's Feed to Feed boxset.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 19:50
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 20:25
Colosseum-The Complete Cologne Reunion Concert 1994-awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>