Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog DVD are you watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 31>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2013 at 22:29

Really impressive

And the Quake Cam is amazing

Todd Sucherman is a fantastic drummer, and of course the sound in the Blu Ray is much better

Iván

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 06:41
Styx played here last night.  I drove by the venue about an hour before the show, but didn't attend. 

Now:

Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 18:33
I saw that a while back Ivan, not bad at all. 

I think you would also enjoy Dennis Deyoung's latest, "100 Years from Now".  Half is really good, some is pretty patchy, but worth checking out

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 19:02
I should watch something.  I've misplaced the first disc of anesthetize... 

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2013 at 20:47
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Any suggestions on which classic prog bands KC, Moodies, ELP, have really good ones..?
I don't have too many myself, so I don't know, but there is this list: Top 100 Prog DVD's/Videos of all Time.

Thanks for the heads up.
Smile
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 17:40
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering DVD, extras
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 03:44
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering DVD, extras

Now, it's time for And Then They were three DVD, extras....
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 10:00
Live in deutschland disc 1. --SAVIOUR MACHINE

3.5 hour concert exploring the legend parts 1&2 in 2002.
One of my very favourite concerts. And I'll be listening to it 5.1 no less. :)

I also ordered ARENA's THE RAPTURE concert DVD and that should be in the mail in 2 weeks. :)
For now, it's Saviour time tonight!!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 14:41
TaaB2 DVD, videos
N-sz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-sz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 19:36
I've had 200 Motels for a while now and I was thinking of watching it tonight.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 02:58
Yesterday I watched the accompanying DVD to these:

and

Now I'm watching the one to this:
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 20:30
recently (not tonight) I watched Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory dvd. It's one of my favorite albums by the band, but the dvd is atrociously produced. I'm pretty sure it was done on Mike Portnoy's handicam (the parts with the actors, at least).

Gonna re-watch Opeth's live one from their Deliverance/Damnation days soon.
Progging the Rock, Rocking the Prog.

soundcloud.com/withinareverie

withinareverie.blogspot.com

facebook.com/withinareverie

Twitter: @WithinaReverie
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 21:27
Originally posted by Nick Dilley Nick Dilley wrote:

recently (not tonight) I watched Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory dvd. It's one of my favorite albums by the band, but the dvd is atrociously produced. I'm pretty sure it was done on Mike Portnoy's handicam (the parts with the actors, at least).Gonna re-watch Opeth's live one from their Deliverance/Damnation days soon.

Oh god isn't that the truth!!! Aweful production. Blurry as f**k. Sound sucks too. Not as good as five years in a life time.
Tess Herect View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tess Herect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 02:34
Two weekends ago I watched the Director's Cut version of Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii, and I gotta say it's quite a step down quality wise from the original.  While the original's got it's fair share of badly aged gimmicks, the new version's got State-of-the-1998 graphics that could have come from a Nintendo 64 game.  The interviews were pretty uninformative and shoddy, though one redeeming feature was the unique piano-solo version of Us and Them.

Just the past weekend I watched Steven Wilson's Get All You Deserve, and it was shot amazingly well; I'd say it's the model for any indoor concert video, with perfectly selected shots for every moment of the video (though I think it should have focused on Marco a bit more during the part where he's doing the tricks on the cymbals).  I'm quite looking forward to the concert dvd for the current tour; I went to one of the shows, but whoever was in charge of the mxing had half the instruments barely audible and half overdriven so much it became a fuzzy mess.
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 03:51
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

recently (not tonight) I watched Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory dvd. It's one of my favorite albums by the band, but the dvd is atrociously produced. I'm pretty sure it was done on Mike Portnoy's handicam (the parts with the actors, at least).Gonna re-watch Opeth's live one from their Deliverance/Damnation days soon.

Oh god isn't that the truth!!! Aweful production. Blurry as f**k. Sound sucks too. Not as good as five years in a life time.

Still enjoy that DVD a lot! Love must be blind ...
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 10:41
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Still enjoy that DVD a lot! Love must be blind ...

I like it too. Your love is not blind. I'm just in 'like phase' with that one.
Also, Jordan Rudess added that cartoon theme into an otherwise quite emotional song. Stirred my pot man!
That poked the bear! Lol
Angelopoulos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelopoulos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 02:37
Isn't there any dvd about progressive music? Post metal/rock in particularly?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 16:55
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 17:18
I've been watching a ton of prog DVDs lately.

Devin Townsend--Bonus DVD 1&2 from the 'contain us' boxset
NIN--Closure concert 2dvd set
NIN--And All That Could have been
NIN--Music video archive 1994-2004
Pendragon--Passion documentary
Ozric Tentacles--Jurassic shift bonus DVD (live performances and studio production filming)
Wintersun--The making of TIME I documentary as well as live performances from the special edition of TIME I
Fates Warning--The View From here and Still Life

Watched all of these last week. Thoroughly enjoyed each one. :)
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 17:24
Nick, sorry we haven't spoken properly much lately!

Lucky you having a later copy of `Jurassic' with the DVD! I've got one of their earlier DVD's called `Live at the Pongmasters Ball', and I recall it was superb!

Have you seen any of the Pendragon live DVD's like `Past and Presence', where the band brings back many of the early members and perform pretty much all of their early material! It's amazing, very infectious energy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 31>