FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDeluge Grander - Some Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deluge Grander - Some Questions
    Posted: May 21 2007 at 10:35
First off all, I do have to say that August In The Urals is a pretty good album, isn't it?

I really like this album and I'm starting getting intereseted in the band that produced this awesome CD: Deluge Grander. But there are very few information in the internet and their page is somehow incomplete.

It seems Deluge Grander is a project of a musician called Dan Britton who plays (or has played?) in a band called Cerebus Effect.

However, I've got some questions to ask.

1.) Are there any pictures (except August In The Urals' cover) of Deluge Grander (members, live-photos etc.) in the internet?

2.) The fifth song on August In The Urals, The Solitude Of Miranda has a part in which a woman sings something backwarts. So I've reversed the song, but still could not understand what she was singing because the part was sung in a foreign language I have never learned. Maybe it is Turkish or Arabian, but I do not really know. Is anybody out there who has reversed that part too and who was able to understand what the woman is singing about? I guess nobody, but still I wanted to ask. Wink

3.) Are they going to produce a new album this or next year? Or was it just a one-album-project?

Thank you for wasting your time on this. Wink
Mesmo a tristeza da gente era mais bela
E além disso se via da janela
Um cantinho de céu e o Redentor

- Antônio Carlos Jobim, Toquinho & Vinícius de Moraes - Carta ao Tom 74
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 10:54
Originally posted by Badabec Badabec wrote:

First off all, I do have to say that August In The Urals is a pretty good album, isn't it? Yes it is

1.) Are there any pictures (except August In The Urals' cover) of Deluge Grander (members, live-photos etc.) in the internet? Not that I have seen, perhaps in the Cerebus Effect old site there is.

3.) Are they going to produce a new album this or next year? Or was it just a one-album-project? When I asked Dan Britton said he is now focusing on the new project Birds and Buildings which has new material and they are in the process of recording it. He didn't say the DG is over, though...I really hope to listen to new material as well.

Frasse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 13:08
Regretfully I cannot answer any question.
What I can do is to add that also want the answers and of course agree with your first statement after listening to the CD a couple of times now.Thumbs%20Up

Edited by Frasse - May 21 2007 at 13:08
fuxi View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 15:26
Maybe we should just ask Dan Britton! When I sent him an email (this winter) to tell him that his album got glowing reviews on Prog Archives, he replied:

'Hi Jos- I read your review and am very grateful to you for posting it on Prog Archives. I'm also especially proud that you mentioned "The Fountain of Salmacis" in there, as that happens to be my favorite song ever.

I started playing in a new band, which will probably be called Birds and Buildings. We're going to start recording an album over the next few weeks, and hopefully have it done by this summer.'

Personally, I'd love to know what "Inaugural Bash" is about. The sleeve picture looks intriguing but tells us virtually nothing, the lyrics are by no means easy to decode - and what's with the smurfs?
 Post Reply Post Reply