Topic ClosedOctober Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: October Project
    Posted: June 05 2007 at 22:24
Any other fan of this group here at PA?

To me, the two first recordings of this group, "October Project" (1993) and "Falling Farther In" (1995), are among the best recordings I have in my collection. Simply brilliant!!! Clap

I also like the solo efforts of some October Project members, especially Mary Fahl. Her second solo album, "The Other Side of Time" (2003), is especially amazing. Thumbs%20Up

So, who else into this great stuff?

Demetrio.
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 11:26
I have Mary Fahl's solo album and I must say it is truly amazing.  What a warm voice that beautiful lady has.

I'd say she's kind of the celtic female answer to Seal at some points (Raging Child reminds me of a song from Seal's debut I forgot the title).

Heard October Project's albums, and though they are good they didn't touch me as much as Mary's solo effort.
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 03:03
Me. I fully agree, and I am not a big fan of female-vocal driven bands, but this really works. For one thing, people who like Renaissance or maybe Curved Air would be very likely to appreciate this. The level of musicianship on the 2 forgotten releases is very high, with beautiful, building layers of shimmering sound. One of the best bands I know never to make it, but highly recommended. I found out about them at a record store listening station during the brief time when their first release was getting any attention. Not to quibble, but folk/prog may be the wrong box for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply