Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFavorite Doctor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Who are Your Favorite Doctors?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [3.57%]
2 [3.57%]
7 [12.50%]
12 [21.43%]
1 [1.79%]
1 [1.79%]
3 [5.36%]
1 [1.79%]
1 [1.79%]
6 [10.71%]
5 [8.93%]
1 [1.79%]
14 [25.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 05:14
Well, here's the latest news on the companion situation....and it's not pleasant, imho.Dead

"The official BBC Doctor Who website has announced that comedienne and actress Catherine Tate, who guest starred in the 2006 Christmas episode The Runaway Bride, is to return to the role of Donna Noble as a full-time companion of the Doctor throughout the fourth series of Doctor Who in 2008.

Executive producer Russell T Davies is quoted by the site as saying: "Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series. Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Tate herself added that: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Tate replaces Freema Agyeman (Martha) as a regular cast member; Agyeman will appear in several episodes later in the season, and three episodes of Torchwood.

The Press Association today syndicated a story about both Tate and Kylie Minogue appearing in the series."

I saw Tate in that Christmas special 'The Runaway Bride' and found her truly irritating from start to finish. A lot of fans (myself included) were hoping the new companion would have been the character of Sally Sparrow in the excellent series 3 episode 'Blink'...apparently not.Ouch

What was the consensus on the three episode finale with the Master, anyway? Personally, I thought 'The Sound Of Drums' and 'The Last Of The Time Lords' especially ('Utopia' was, for me, saved by Derek Jacobi's superb performance- I wish he stayed as the Master) were very disappointing...a fair amount of the posts on other forums I frequent have been less than complimentary too.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 07:45
I'm deligted that Catherine Tate is to return, and I wish she had been the regular companion from the outset.

As for the laST EPISODES.

John Simm was outstanding as The Master, but the episode didn't quite live up to expectations.

Darn good for all that.

Edited by Snow Dog - July 04 2007 at 07:47
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 08:59
Nooooooo..... Not more Catherine Tate - that's even more worser than Bonnie Langford and I really did not believe that was possible - do I look bovvered? Bet your  aCensored I'm Censoredking bovvered! AngryAngryAngry

Bring back Sally Sparrow.

Edited by darqdean - July 04 2007 at 08:59
What?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 09:14
Originally posted by darqdean darqdean wrote:

that's even more worser than Bonnie Langford

That is just not possible.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 10:45

Nooooooo..... Not more Catherine Tate - that's even more worser than Bonnie Langford and I really did not believe that was possible - do I look bovvered? Bet your  aCensored I'm Censoredking bovvered! AngryAngryAngry

Bring back Sally Sparrow.
I'll second that.

And third it as well.

Actually I thought Catherine Tate was ok. I'm not really a fan of her comedy shows but she was definitely better than Bonnie Langford (but if she ever utters the word "bovvered" on Doctor Who, I will switch off).
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 15:25
I'm glad Catherine Tate is returning to the role too.  I loved her in Runaway Bride, and look forward to seeing her next season.  I wondered why they didn't bring her on the show as a regular companion after that episode.  I like Martha, but she kind of strikes me as just a copy of Rose Tyler. 

Anyway, I just watched Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks for the first time last night.  It was strange but not bad.  Tonight or tomorrow will be the Lazarus Experiment.  Then onto the disc that Snowie sent me. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 15:52
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

I'm glad Catherine Tate is returning to the role too.  I loved her in Runaway Bride, and look forward to seeing her next season.  I wondered why they didn't bring her on the show as a regular companion after that episode. 
I guess you don't have to endure her terribly unfunny, extremely tedious and numbingly monotonous sketch show in Canada then.
What?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 17:17

I'm glad Catherine Tate is returning to the role too.  I loved her in Runaway Bride, and look forward to seeing her next season.  I wondered why they didn't bring her on the show as a regular companion after that episode.  I like Martha, but she kind of strikes me as just a copy of Rose Tyler. 

Anyway, I just watched Daleks in Manhattan and Evolution of the Daleks for the first time last night.  It was strange but not bad.  Tonight or tomorrow will be the Lazarus Experiment.  Then onto the disc that Snowie sent me. 

Glad someone agrees with me.ClapWink

BTW.....I'm sorry that you are learning to much from this thread.

I really should have started a seperate thread.

Edited by Snow Dog - July 04 2007 at 17:21
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 17:17

I'm glad Catherine Tate is returning to the role too.  I loved her in Runaway Bride, and look forward to seeing her next season.  I wondered why they didn't bring her on the show as a regular companion after that episode. 
I guess you don't have to endure her terribly unfunny, extremely tedious and numbingly monotonous sketch show in Canada then.

I guess its a matter of taste. I like it. And what her sketch show has to do with her part in Dr Who, I fail to grasp.

Edited by Snow Dog - July 04 2007 at 17:22
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 09:19
I've never seen her sketch show.  All I know is I liked her in Runaway Bride and thought she'd make an excellent full-time companion.

By the way Snowie, no problem.  I'm really not learning that much that I didn't already figure out, except who plays the Master and that Tate is joining the show.
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567