Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs the USA a big bully these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Poll Question: A simple yes or no, foriegn opinions valued most.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [64.41%]
21 [35.59%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 15:31
Originally posted by StyLaZyn StyLaZyn wrote:

Originally posted by SoundsofSeasons SoundsofSeasons wrote:

"I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in beliefs." - NP

^Obviously... why don't you run our country.

I hope you are not trying to bring religious values into this. 

The faith part... as in other people. No i would not do that to you.

In the case of the quote, faith pertains to religious faith. Not faith in a people, per se.

Good, because Dubya is about the biggest Christian hypocrite, in my eyes.

Don't forget, Christians are just as 'in it' for themselves as everyone else. There will always be Christian hypocrite's, and usually because they are projecting on someone else because of insecurities or problems they are having themselves. Not all are this way, but many unfortunately fall into this category, because in the end we are all human. Religion does not change who a person is, if anything they only realize what value's or idea's they should be upholding according to that religion. Realizing the difference between right and wrong doesn't change where you stand.
1 Chronicles 13:7-9

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 15:35

Don't forget, Christians are just as 'in it' for themselves as everyone else.

Yup, and that says a lot about the whole thing. Armor and Sword speaks about the tragedy of that.

Edited by StyLaZyn - August 03 2007 at 15:36
SoundsofSeasons View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 16:00

Yup, and that says a lot about the whole thing. Armor and Sword speaks about the tragedy of that.

Well...just don't take all your view's from Neil Peart. I like Snakes and Arrows just as much as the next Rush fan, but i really doubt he's ever been to a church service in his life. He's probably not the best person to look up to about religious matters.

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.

StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 16:07

Well...just don't take all your view's from Neil Peart. I like Snakes and Arrows just as much as the next Rush fan, but i really doubt he's ever been to a church service in his life. He's probably not the best person to look up to about religious matters.

OK...way off topic:
Being that I was an active Christian (Bible study and school classes included) for over 20 years, I think I can make my own decisions without the help of others. But it just so happens I agree with his points. His thoughts are not unique. Whether he has been to church matters not. His view comes from an outsider looking in, globally. While I don't particularly agree with all he says, I do respect his opinion. 
SoundsofSeasons View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 16:13

OK...way off topic:
Being that I was an active Christian (Bible study and school classes included) for over 20 years, I think I can make my own decisions without the help of others. But it just so happens I agree with his points. His thoughts are not unique. Whether he has been to church matters not. His view comes from an outsider looking in, globally. While I don't particularly agree with all he says, I do respect his opinion. 

lol, ok i think were having crossed wires here LOL, i don't really know where your going. I see what you mean, ill end it there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789