Topic ClosedNew Steve Hillage DVD out NOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Steve Hillage DVD out NOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    Posted: June 18 2007 at 08:10

Steve%20Hillage%20Germany%201977%20DVD

Voiceprint can now announce the final details of the forthcoming Steve Hillage Germany 1977 DVD.

The DVD will be sold through the dedicated website

www.stevehillagedvd.com

And will initially be sold as a limited edition double pack of 1,000 copies which will also include a Bonus CD of the audio portion of the show alongside the DVD.  In addition the first 300 copies of the limited double edition DVD/CD package will be signed personally by Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy.

The track listing of this fabulous performance from the first Steve Hillage band includes: Salmon Song, Hurdy Gurdy Glissando, Hurdy Gurdy Man, Solar Musick Suite, Lunar Musick Suite, It`s All To Much, (Lunar Musick Suite)/It's All Too Much II, Aftaglid Pt. I, Elecktrick Gypsies, Not Fade Away.

The DVD will also include an exclusive interview filmed at Steve and Miquette’s studio in London in January 2007 where Steve and Miquette discuss the Steve Hillage band, the German concert and also the recording of the albums Fish Rising, ‘L’ and Motivation Radio.                             
check out:
www.voiceprint.co.uk
clarke2001 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 12:57
That's cool news!

Anybody knows what is that guy doing right now?

Oh, is that the video material that can be seen on YouTube in its entirety? Embarrassed
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 15:15
In 1977 we could watch the Rockpalast broadcasted on the German WDR Television so I have it on video: lots of great distorted guitar soli and lots of sensational keyboard work, including the Minimoog Thumbs%20Up
barney63 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 07:57
Steve & Miquette now have a successful techno outfit called System 7 who play at various festivals.  NOT necessarily something for fans of the Hillage band era, but they certainly have their moments.  You can check them out at www.a-wave.com

Hope the Rockpalast gig is properly cleaned up.  I've got a copy of the conert on DVD and the sound, while good, is a bit weedy, but I'll certainly be after a proper copy.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 08:05
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

In 1977 we could watch the Rockpalast broadcasted on the German WDR Television so I have it on video: lots of great distorted guitar soli and lots of sensational keyboard work, including the Minimoog Thumbs%20Up

This is the Rockpalast show. Maybe it's legit, but Rockpalast has been releaseing the stuff thru their own channels, so I'd want to make sure this is indeed 100% legit (sorry VP, in case it is)

I'd also advise to first get a good view on nthe quality of this DVD. Voiceprint has often been offering indecent bootlegs-quality (look at some of their Soft Machine releases) or having shoody legit releases (look at the A Brown's Kingdom Come releases).
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply