Topic ClosedMechanical Organic - Press Release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mechanical Organic - Press Release
    Posted: June 21 2007 at 18:41

Recording Update

Over the past 9 months I’ve been locked away in my studio recording the second Mechanical Organic CD (album title and track list below).  I’m extremely happy with the material at this stage which is a miracle considering the amount of time I’ve spent living with these toons.  Over all I’d say this album is much more vocally melodic with a more up tempo vibe and in your face production.  The music is varied and dynamic and I’ve used every piece of kit in my studio arsenal to make this recording as diverse and as unique as possible.

This particular album is part one in what could become a multi part series of releases.  Each song on the album has a corresponding short introduction which contains spoken word dialogue.  Each song investigates another aspect of the over all theme.

Tracking

I wish the tracking was done but it’s never fully complete until the album is mastered.  Whenever I think it’s in the bag I always seem to go back into the studio to add a few extra layers.   I’ve spent the past couple of weeks laying down the last of the distorted bass lines for both the introductions and the songs themselves.  The recording has turned out quite a bit heavier than I had originally thought which I’m really pleased about. 

All the short introduction pieces are now fully recorded and fleshed out.  I may go back into the studio just to add a few extra sections here and there to enhance thing.  Once that’s done I’m pretty sure that will be the end of the tracking for this release.

There may be some extra collaboration in the guitar department depending on recording scheduling and the availability of Conny D (Spasticator).  We’ll just need to see how things pan out.  Other than that I’m ready to start mixing.

Album Title and Track List

I haven’t had a chance to work out the song running times or the full CD length but I’m guessing the over all running time will clock in at just under 60 minutes.     

MECHANICAL ORGANIC

Disrepair Part One - Permafrost Dreams

1. The C-Word / Fingerprints Of Conspiracy

2. A Glacial Smile / Mechanical Dreams

3. The Hypothetical Terrorist / From Behind Shattered Glass

4. Citadels of Selfdom / Singular Facet

5. The Necessary Illusion / Very Little Difference

6. I Was Blind But Now I See / Describe The Sky For Me

7. Problem – Reaction – Solution / Thesis – Antithesis – Synthesis

8. Farewell the Lonely Skeptic 

Mixing

I’ve already begun roughly mixing all the songs, at this stage I’m simply getting a feel for the blend of instruments and layers.  The layering is quite extensive in all the material so getting a consistent mix is going to be a challenge.  During the recording process I spent many hours planning the instrument placement and separation so hopefully the mixing process will go smoothly. 

At this point I may step away from the recording and take a short break before I tackle the mix seriously.  I’d really like to approach this with a fresh pair of ears and I think a break will do me the world of good.  It’s been a long process and there is absolutely no reason to rush things right now. 

CD Artwork

While I’m taking a break from the recording I’II be focussing my attention on designing the CD artwork.  Over the past year or so I’ve been collecting a whole catalogue of photographs.  I’ve had the basic front cover design and concept in my head for ages so I’ve been able to plan ahead and collect photos that will suit.  I’ve already begun piecing together all the different elements of the artwork and it’s coming together exactly how I had imagined.  There’s still heaps of work to do but it’s all coming together pretty quickly so I don’t think there’ll be any delays.     

I will probably post another update when the mix is nearing completion.  Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in Mech Org over the past year or so.  And thank you to all those who have bought and downloaded my music, thanks for the support, I appreciate it greatly.

Cheers

Ed

Mechanical Organic

www.mechanicalorganic.com

www.myspace.com/mechanicalorganic

Post Reply Post Reply