FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTheory of Elements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Theory of Elements
    Posted: June 22 2007 at 06:36

Theory Of Elements is a band from Germany.

The band’s Line Up is:
Enzo Ferrara - Vocals, Guitars
Martin Koralewski – Keyboards
Mat Weber – Bass
Michael Zerrath – Drums.

I've written my first review (ever!). Well, this site is about reviews, isn't it?
The review is based on the tracks you can listen to on their Sellaband page. The 3 tracks are from their brand new album “Faces”.

Please feel free to criticize my effort, I need to learn!

The first track, Dark Fate, is a good sample of their abilities. A long intro (about two minutes) opens the song, the synthesizer creates a suggestive atmosphere that is suddenly broken by a guitar riff that conveys a sense of anxiety. Guitar and piano lead the following part of the intro before Enzo Ferraras's melodic vocals come to the fore to deliver the excellent melody. This song is remarkable for the excellent composition and the equilibrated amalgam of guitars’ and keyboards’ parts: it shows the maturity the band has achieved in creating their music.

Seen Before. The second track has a somehow weird intro where Enzo’s guitar plays the main role. It is followed by a very enjoyable vocal part. The development of the song is underlined by guitar riffs on a carpet of harmonies provided by the synth. The bridge section is, in my opinion, the best part of the track – a guitar solo that is later joined by the keyboard and is well sustained by the rhythm section, finally the organ creates a scherzo that brings back the song to the main melody.

The instrumental Shifting Stars, sounds to me almost like heavy metal. Its main characteristics are:  an alternate tempo shifting from slow to fast, from fast to very fast and back to slow;  plenty of guitar and keyboards solos; use of a sequencer and  various rhythmic passages with the bass in evidence. This track will definitely work on stage.

Theory of Elements’ music mixes different musical influences to form a coherent personal style. You can hear some Heavy Metal, a bit of  Symphonic Prog… I also notice a certain degree of fidelity to the founding elements of the Prog genre. The ability of the band to put all together while maintaining a good level of originality is one of their best qualities.

Edited by wander - July 10 2007 at 01:24
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 18:56
they're OK
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 19:01
The accepted theory is that as the universe cooled after the big bang, the quarks came together in groups of three to form protons and neutrons.  Single protons made up the nucleus of the element hydrogen.   The universe produced a large quantity of hydrogen atoms, and smaller quantities of helium and lithium.  All other elements were created in supernovae.  Geek

Oh.  This is about a band.  Not really about chemistry.  Sorry.  Tongue
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
wander View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 09:11
Thanks to Atavachron and The Doctor for their replay.
About your theory Doctor: yes cooling seems to play an inportant role, if you take a look at TOE page on Sellaband they seem to be living in a very cold place.
 Post Reply Post Reply