Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgday, NC, USA pre show announcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progday, NC, USA pre show announcement
    Posted: July 12 2007 at 02:26
ProgDay Preshow Friday!

ProgDay 2007 is happy to announce the performance of two great bands on Friday night, August 31.  LOCAL 506 in Chapel Hill will be hosting THE MÖRGLBL TRIO from France and KILL TIM'S GRASS from the US.

Led by guitar master Christophe Godin, THE MÖRGLBL TRIO first hit the scene in 1997.  After releasing two acclaimed albums, they disbanded in 2002.  But now they are back together again, as inspired as ever, and celebrating the release of their third album, "Grötesk."  Known for their virtuoso playing and humourous attitiude, this promises to be a reunion not to be missed!

Including Paul Kollar of St. Elmo's Fire, KILL TIM'S GRASS creates a wonderful instrumental mix of symphonic rock, fusion and experimental exploration.  Their first CD, "Lizard Ignition," will be released later this summer.  Join them as they play a mix of St. Elmo's Fire favorites and new material from their much anticipated debut.

Tickets are $12.  Doors open at 8:30pm and The Mörglbl Trio starts at 9pm.  For more information about the show and the bands, please go to the Preshow page at www.progday. com.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 12:12
Bump. 

Waste not, want not.  I was going to start a thread suggesting Kill Tim's Grass for PA, and when doing a search I came across this thread, which also mentioned THE MÖRGLBL TRIO, who are also not on PA.  Since this thread had been so sparsely used, I decided to add my thoughts here, although they probably should go in the suggest new bands thread.

Avestin recommended THE MÖRGLBL TRIO to me, so they are probably being considered for addition, but is any consideration being given to Kill Tim's Grass.  Each band has a couple of songs that can be listened to on the ProgDay website. 

And just in case, here is a link to THE MÖRGLBL TRIO MySpace Page  http://www.myspace.com/morglbl
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 12:21
Scott, you'd better start a thread in the Suggest New Bands section.. I'm afraid no one is going to see the suggestions here.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 13:09
OK.  I think I'll set one up there, and maybe link it to here, since Prog Traveller gave a brief description of each band's sound.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 13:43
^^^Scott, stop spamming the Events thread....Angry

Wink

I checked out the Progday site 2 days ago, and while it appears that there is the intention to run the event again in 2008, no band information has as yet been provided...

rest assured that your friendly, mild mannered events janitor is on the case....Big%20smile
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 13:52
Sorry, just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Wink  To clear up my spam, I did re-post a suggest new band thread for Kill Tim's Grass, although I may be spamming that thread too, since I am not sure if they actually released a first album.  I am checking. 

Also, I did find a post where Avestin said that The Morglbl Trio is being added to PA in the jazz category.  Might be a job for our Site Monitor team to see where that stands. Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply