Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeltane Fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beltane Fire
    Posted: August 06 2007 at 06:20
Thought I'd like to check this one out here first, and then (hopefully) sending some files directly to someone if someone should be curious after reading below.

Band: Beltane Fire
Genre: Art rock

Other information: Mostly unknown

This band released one LP on CBS in the mid eighties, and then was dropped and the group disbanded.
They had a rather unique sound; the band members had their background in rockabilly band "The Blue Cats", and on this release the music lies somewhere in between rockabilly and neo-prog; with the bass grooves being closest to rockabilly, the guitar pickings which formes most melody lines here being a combination of rockabilly and what guys like Rothery did in Marillion, while carefully used synths as well as atmospheric instrumental parts of songs are closest to neo-prog.
Lyrical themes are quite proggish as well; pirates, poaching and arthurian legends being themes covered lyrically.
All in all this band had a rather unique sound that I've never encountered prior to or after this release.

Question is though; if this sounds like something that should be added to the archives, and if someone would take a listen to what is described above to check out further whether it belongs or not.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 01:22
The Art Rock Team has checked up Beltrane Fire and has rejected it.

We don't support any neo-progressive or progressive, in fact, ideas about this 80s pop-rock ensemble either.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 02:45
Quick feedback on this one, which is greatly appreciated.

Out of curiosity, where would you place them musically?
The term progressive has been used by many for this band; which is why I wanted it checked out in the first place, and musically I sure as hell haven't got a clue as to what "tag" that will fit this groups style :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply