FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArgentine prog Crucis 'might' reunite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Argentine prog Crucis 'might' reunite
    Posted: August 11 2007 at 14:16
Crucis was a short-lived Argentine band that released only two short studio albums before breaking-up. Fully progressive and with virtuoso performances and excellent songwriting, it's been excellently reviewed in www.progarchives.com

I say "might" reunite because I noticed that the band has no website and the info was only from a youtube comment from someone claiming to be the drummer of the band. Since the band is not well-known, it's more likely to be legitimate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e0MEwRW0pw

Translation: Hey people, I'm very happy that you like Crucis and I thank your eulogies. Montesano and I will reunite the 1st of October of 2007 to re-edit Crucis, CDs, and Live Shows (Thank you Rosario, we'll be there) Prepare to help us change again the ____ (style?) of rock on River Plate. Write me and I'll answer. Gonzalo Farrugia

PS: the youtube video has a horrible sound quality, if you wanna hear how they sound, go to the sample in progarchives.
laplace View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 14:19
good news if this is proven true. I liked their second album and looking at their page, no-one gave it less than three stars.
Aspiring hope View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 10:18
Indeed, fame isn't their best feat, but to those privileged to have listened, "amazing" isn't far from the overall feedback. And we'll all be crossing our fingers to see this reunion happening, especially the part of re-editing live shows
In any case, thanks for the heads-up, Zitro.

This is why you should let Robin save the day...
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 10:27
Great news, I hope it will lead to something constructive and perhaps a DVD that contains a reunion concert and early footage Thumbs%20Up
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 23:00
REALLY!!?!?!?!? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Uh man, Crucis again!!!  What a drema come true!
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 23:09
Actually it would be really great!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Zitro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 23:46
well, quite a disappointing message from the drummer:

Si Hernàn, efectivamente nos reunimos, pero solo Montesano y yo con mùsicos invitados para hacer un tributo a la mejor mùsica que se ha hecho en este gènero en latinoamèrica. Los ensayos empiezan en octubre. Por màs info escribime a gonzaloguiònbajofarrugiaarrobayajupuntocom Entendiste? Saludos ala fanaticada Gonzalo Farrugia

Translation: Yes, Hernan. We'll reunite, but only me and Montesano [bass,vocals] with invited musicians to make a tribute to the best music that's been done in this genre [prog] in Latin America. For more info, write me at [email protected] (yaju??). Got it? My  regards to the fanaticism. Gonzalo Farrugia.

Apparently, the two less interesting (IMO) musicians reuniting and to make cover songs of good latin prog rather than composing new Crucis. W/O Pino Marrone and that crazy keyboard guy, it doesn't sound very interesting. Hopefully, these 2 will find out about this and join in.

sorry guys CryCry no 5-minute guitar solos that would make Hackett jealous.

Edited by Zitro - August 13 2007 at 18:13
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 00:07
Originally posted by Zitro Zitro wrote:

well, quite a disappointing message from the drummer:

Si Hernàn, efectivamente nos reunimos, pero solo Montesano y yo con mùsicos invitados para hacer un tributo a la mejor mùsica que se ha hecho en este gènero en latinoamèrica. Los ensayos empiezan en octubre. Por màs info escribime a gonzaloguiònbajofarrugiaarrobayajupuntocom Entendiste? Saludos ala fanaticada Gonzalo Farrugia

Translation: Yes, Hernan. We'll reunite, but only me and Montesano [bass,vocals] with invited musicians to make a tribute to the best music that's been done in this genre [prog] in Latin America. For more info, write me at [email protected] (yaju??). Got it? My  regards to the fanaticism. Gonzalo Farrugia.

Apparently, the two less interesting (IMO) musicians reuniting and to make cover songs of good latin prog rather than composing new Crucis. W/O Pino Marrone and that crazy keyboard guy, it doesn't sound very interesting. Hopefully, these 2 will find out about this and join in.

sorry guys CryCry no 5-minute guitar solos that would make Hackett jealous.

Que lastima!
Ouch

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 12:01
No Pino Marrone? But he was the strongest part of Crucis... ohhh...
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
Mharo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 18:03
But aren't the compositions in the first LP mostly Montesano's?

I agree that it's a bit sad that only those two are getting together. But last I heard Pino Marrone is really into Jazz and kind of despises his Crucis involvement and Aníbal Kerpel is busy working as a producer or something like that with Santaolalla.
Still I think it's great news, and I'm really looking forward to the concert!! Who knows if they may spark the spirit of Progressive Rock amongst our youth again? We really need something more that all these awful Rolling Stones copycats....
Suritis: The Remembering.
Hopefully we should appreciate that given points in time are not so significant as the nature of what is impressed on the mind, and how it is retained and used.
 Post Reply Post Reply