Topic ClosedSelf-induced Plug-in Overload

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self-induced Plug-in Overload
    Posted: March 08 2005 at 07:23
I just picked up three amazing virtual synths...NI's Pro-53 and Arturia's Moog Modular and CS-80V. I'm buried under a mountain of analogue lovin' and I'm not sure I'll be coming up for air any time soon. They're all 'evaluation copies' but I'm going to have to settle on one of them for my next purchase...right now, the Moog is in the lead, but by a narrow margin. It's nice just to look at, especially because those modular connections wiggle in the breeze when you slide the pointer over them.
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 08:23

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

I just picked up three amazing virtual synths...NI's Pro-53 and Arturia's Moog Modular and CS-80V. I'm buried under a mountain of analogue lovin' and I'm not sure I'll be coming up for air any time soon. They're all 'evaluation copies' but I'm going to have to settle on one of them for my next purchase...right now, the Moog is in the lead, but by a narrow margin. It's nice just to look at, especially because those modular connections wiggle in the breeze when you slide the pointer over them.

Got them all too! They are grrreeeatt!!!Big smile

sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 08:46
Plug ins are wonderfull things. As soon as they get a plug-in for getting my life back from music, I'll install that sucker as well!

I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
arcer View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 10:48

one more for you James and its a freebie... which will please Reed no end..

scoot on over to rgc:audio and download their Triangle II - it's a really wicked freeware monosynth that is infinitely tweakable and has some dynamite presets. All for nowt.

Admittedly it doesn't have the depth of tone and all-round coolness of the Moof Modular or CS80V but for a freebie it's very very good.

http://www.rgcaudio.com/triangle_II.htm

Also before you go buying do check out GMedia's ImpOscar - it's cheaper than the ones you're looking at and is extremely powerful. I bought it and it's now my main synth.

sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 07:09
BTW I've just purchased a VST to RTAS plugin converter so I can use all my fave VST & VSTi machines in Pro Tools (best sixty quid I've ever spent) - Huzzah! 
I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply