FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmaudlin of the Well: My Fruit. remastered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: maudlin of the Well: My Fruit. remastered
    Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:23
Brilliant news to all Prog-Metal and maudlin of the Well fans, especially those who still lack exposure to their obscure debut album My Fruit Psychobells... A Seed Combustible . It is now available for pre-order on Dark Symphonies, with extra material and enhanced sound quality (thumbs up!)!!!

8 years after it’s initial release and having been OOP for some time, Dark Symphonies is proud to re-issue Maudlin of the Well’s debut Masterpiece, My Fruit Psychobells... a seed combustible, completely remastered from the original DAT for optimal sound with all the original artwork created by band founder Toby Driver (KAYO DOT) and 2 exclusive, unreleased tracks. Maudlin of the Well play progressive, conceptual and atmospheric metal art, dubbed as "Astral Metal". The music is adventurous, haunting, eerie, diverse and colorful, combining influences of early My Dying Bride, Tiamat, The 3rd and the Mortal, Candiria, Opeth, early as well as the Gathering, the Tea Party, Oxiplegatz, Sieges Even and Disembowelment. The band is classically trained in music and the instruments used vary from standard drums, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass, death metal vocals, clean male and female vocals, upright bass, piano and keyboards to trumpet, flugelhorn, saxophone, cello and oboe. Unlike anything of it’s kind, prepare to rediscover Maudlin of the Well’s astral metal experience! Featuring founding members of KAYO DOT. LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES!
sig
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:34
Shocked!! I need money NOW!

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:41
Sounds rather dubious to me ... never heard of Dark Symphonies.

Sorry, this is not the proper way for a re-release. 1000 copies only? Thank you very much, you're doing your best to keep this band obscure.
Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:49
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Sounds rather dubious to me ... never heard of Dark Symphonies.

Sorry, this is not the proper way for a re-release. 1000 copies only? Thank you very much, you're doing your best to keep this band obscure.

Well, it is Dark Symphonies who we should thank for reissuing Bath AND Leaving Your Body Map with additional bonus material, and I don't recall hearing about any complaints with those, ever, therefore I would dare say they are a trustworthy entity.

1000 copies, however, is admittedly a very limited amount of copies, that I wholeheartedly agree with you on.
sig
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:54
^ It simply seems like an extremely shady website ... it doesn't even say where the company is located. But the PayPal linkage seems to be legitimate - so I ordered a copy and will see what happens.Smile

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - September 08 2007 at 13:11
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:58
I pre-ordered mine (and I ordered their two previous albums from there as well).
Not a dubious label at all, they are a small label and mailorder that focuses on dark/ambient/metal releases, and yes I agree that 1000 copies is probably too little of an amount, but maybe we should hear the business side of it - maybe they think they won't sell much more than that (I'm not saying I think so, I'm saying it might be their rational). But 1000 I believe is not enough.
The same happens with other releases like Xentrix (Kin, For Whose Advantage) and Solitude Aeturnus (Into The Depths Of Sorrow, Beyond The Crimson Horizon) which were re-released also in limited amounts (1000 and 2000 copies only worldwide, which is weird since Solitude has a pretty big following as I've seen in several countries).
And I also agree that advertisement could be better, more spread out. In this way, it seems only people who know the label (like Ivan and myself) get to know this and we are the ones to pass this on. They rely on their customers to do the marketing for them, I suppose.

avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 12:59

^ It simply seems like an extremely shady website ... it doesn't even say where the company is located.

Billerica, MA, USA

And they have good prices for their own band's albums and other label's band albums. Their mailorder is reliable (and free shipping in the US).

Edited by avestin - September 08 2007 at 13:00
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 13:37
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

I pre-ordered mine (and I ordered their two previous albums from there as well).
Not a dubious label at all, they are a small label and mailorder that focuses on dark/ambient/metal releases, and yes I agree that 1000 copies is probably too little of an amount, but maybe we should hear the business side of it - maybe they think they won't sell much more than that (I'm not saying I think so, I'm saying it might be their rational). But 1000 I believe is not enough.
The same happens with other releases like Xentrix (Kin, For Whose Advantage) and Solitude Aeturnus (Into The Depths Of Sorrow, Beyond The Crimson Horizon) which were re-released also in limited amounts (1000 and 2000 copies only worldwide, which is weird since Solitude has a pretty big following as I've seen in several countries).
And I also agree that advertisement could be better, more spread out. In this way, it seems only people who know the label (like Ivan and myself) get to know this and we are the ones to pass this on. They rely on their customers to do the marketing for them, I suppose.

Seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy ... as long as they have such an uninviting/unfriendly website and do so little to market the albums, they'll only sell such small numbers of albums. Of course there's not a multi-platinum market for bands like Maudlin, but I'm absolutely sure that with the proper marketing they could do much better than 1000 albums.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 14:44
Brilliant news, Bath and Leaving your Body Map ae two of my favourite albums, really need to get My Fruit Psychobells....
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 20:37
Awesome. I've had trouble locating this one. Sound quality on it badly needed the remaster anyway. Probably best I didnt find it prior to this.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Arsillus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 14:39
Sweet. I don't think I could ask for a better price. Now I'll have all 3 of their albums official. It has great artwork too.
DarthCletus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 16:56
This is not a shady website. I ordered Bath and Leaving your Body Map from them when they were first released in 2002 for $20.00 with free shipping. I believe I made the order on a Friday, and it arrived on a Monday. I have been wanting to get this one for a while, the only copies I have seen were on ebay for $30.00 or so, so I ordered this as soon as I saw the link.

Cheers,
DC
I think a good name for a band would be Prophylactica
GoldenSpiral View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 15:29

Sweet!  I'm on it.Smile

http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 13:23

^ It simply seems like an extremely shady website ... it doesn't even say where the company is located. But the PayPal linkage seems to be legitimate - so I ordered a copy and will see what happens.Smile

Well, I'll order one too and maybe a couple of other records so I hope it isn't as shady as you suspected Tongue - I've been looking out for a cheap copy of this and grau.cd is actually more expensive thanks to the ultra-low dollar (and also doesn't mention if it's a remaster or not!)

Edited by goose - September 16 2007 at 13:27
 Post Reply Post Reply