Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCentaur Rodeo (USA)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centaur Rodeo (USA)
    Posted: September 22 2007 at 17:21
Centaur Rodeo, which happens to be my band, just released their first record entitled Tongues of Flame. We made it available on iTunes and it's only $6.93. There is an intro track, the 18-minute epic "Sparta," divided into five tracks, each representing a different movement of the song, and "To Trust Is Sometimes to Surrender," a 9-minute song with many twists.

Centaur Rodeo is a progressive rock band that takes influence from a large number of bands and styles, though the main influences would be The Mars Volta, Dream Theater, and Opeth. It is impossible to describe our sound with words or with other bands. We have an affinity for odd time signatures, uncommon chord patterns, and technical skill exhibiton, all the while maintaining an emotional and melodic strain.

Our first recording features technical guitar, bass and drum work, enchanting cello and piano, mildly operatic tenor vocals, trippy sound effects, and percussion to accentuate different parts of the songs.

New to the band is a harpist who should be found on our next out put, which we plan to record next summer. Our new material is even more innovative than what we are doing now.

at http://www.myspace.com/centaurr0de0 you can hear a couple of tracks on the upcoming album, as well as watch a live performance of "The Epiphany plus Jam," a section where the drummer moves to lead guitar, the lead guitar moves to bass, and the bassist moves to drums, and we jam for a while. Every few days we change the audio tracks to give people a chance to hear the whole album a little at a time.

Please check us out, I promise you won't be disappointed. And if you are intrigued enough, buy our album on iTunes, again, for only $6.93. 3 songs, 32 minutes of music.

Thanks

Edited by Moatilliatta - November 12 2007 at 01:19
www.last.fm/user/ThisCenotaph
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 17:36
Tell us a bit more about the album, Moat.

Will it be thru a label or an independent one? Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Moatilliatta View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 17:59

We're publishing it by ourselves at this point. We're only making it available for download at this time to save ourselves the cost of manufacturing CDs. Hopefully we'll generate enough talk and what not via the internet and maybe we'll get discovered. I really do feel strongly about our work.

It was recorded at Digital Insight studios in Las Vegas, which is a top-notch studio.

Anything else you would need to know about the album you can find out by listening to it! I really think you'll all be pleased with it if you give it a shot.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 18:21
What a nice surprise, Chris! The first 30" of Sparta Movement I is much in the krautrock vein (and I saw no kraut band as your influence) - I repeated it 5 times at least.

Songs show CR steadily as an eclectic act, too good! Star
Guigo

~~~~~~
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 18:40
Great music! I applaud you. 
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 09:17
I added you on MySpace but then my bulletin board filled with, honestly, spam... That's no way to do a good promotion. Pinch
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 13:25
Originally posted by andu andu wrote:

I added you on MySpace but then my bulletin board filled with, honestly, spam... That's no way to do a good promotion. Pinch

Are you saying we were spamming the boards? If so I have no idea what you're talking about. What is the problem?
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 02:20
OK, we're about to add "Sparta, Movement III" and remove movement I. We're going through the whole album little by little. Two songs will always be up, and every 3-4 days we take out the top song and add the next track on the album. After the switch, the second and third movements of "Sparta," tracks 3 and 4 respectively will be up. 
andu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 06:48
Originally posted by Moatilliatta Moatilliatta wrote:

Originally posted by andu andu wrote:

Are you saying we were spamming the boards? If so I have no idea what you're talking about. What is the problem?

I'm saying that the bulletin board has 10 entries, and 5 or 6 of the last entries were yours, while the contents could have easily needed only one or two bulletins. That's not a very polite thing to do and yes, people call that spam. I had to delete you from my friends and I was sorry for having to do that, because your music is wonderful.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 12:35
I know what people call spam. We only post a few a day, really. I don't see what the big deal is. But hey if you really have a problem with it I'm sorry. Check the page periodically for new songs and what not.
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 18:51
good job, i heard the 2nd and 3rd movement of sparta and i was really impressed. i might just end up buying that album of yours someday.
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 19:02

I know what people call spam. We only post a few a day, really. I don't see what the big deal is. But hey if you really have a problem with it I'm sorry. Check the page periodically for new songs and what not.

He-he...this is pretty funny spam, I must admit I mean headlines
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 19:55
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

He-he...this is pretty funny spam, I must admit I mean headlines

Haha, well I'm glad you appreciate them.

And also, we have just taken down Movement II and added Movement IV.

Edited by Moatilliatta - September 27 2007 at 20:04
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 02:24
OK, we're up to the last two tracks. In 3-4 days we will be uploading the whole "Sparta" piece.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2007 at 14:16
You can now hear our epic, "Sparta," in its entirety on MySpace for a limited time. Check it out!
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 04:25
Hi Chris,

I just found time to listen to the epic, and I really appreciate it. I might even get the album from iTunes later on (I'll have to reopen my long closed account there...).

What I hear is a very interesting mix (Guigo already mentioned eclectic) of different styles, backed by good musicianship. Keep it up - adding the harpist will be an interesting touch. Ever heard of Joanna Newsom from Canada - check her out if you haven't yet.

If, or maybe rather when, I get the album, I'll post a full review here.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 15:56
Moved!

I suggest the Eclectic Team (and others too) to listen to this band... Thumbs%20Up
Guigo

~~~~~~
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 13:18
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Hi Chris,

I just found time to listen to the epic, and I really appreciate it. I might even get the album from iTunes later on (I'll have to reopen my long closed account there...).

What I hear is a very interesting mix (Guigo already mentioned eclectic) of different styles, backed by good musicianship. Keep it up - adding the harpist will be an interesting touch. Ever heard of Joanna Newsom from Canada - check her out if you haven't yet.

If, or maybe rather when, I get the album, I'll post a full review here.

I love Joanna Newsom! I actually shared her with our harpist, but she can't stand her voice. It's a taste that must be acquired for sure.

Also, thanks for listening and providing us with some feedback!

Oh, and I'm sorry guys, but we removed movements III and IV from the MySpace for the time being and replaced them with a 12-minute sound/percussion improvisation from the studio sessions. We used bits of that for the intro to our album. Enjoy!

Edited by Moatilliatta - December 06 2007 at 13:23
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2007 at 20:42
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

Moved!

I suggest the Eclectic Team (and others too) to listen to this band... Thumbs%20Up

Thanks, noticed that before (and had started listening but my computer was running slow).  Thanks to Angelo for the reminder.  Listening now.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 07:16
Looks like Centaur Radio have been rejected by the Eclectic team. Tough luck, but still great music.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>