Posted: September 24 2007 at 11:18
myspace.com/deusexpizza

ADMIN EDIT: Made link clickable Smile

Edited by Angelo - January 26 2008 at 16:03
Moatilliatta View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 15:34
I enjoyed the second track. Nice key work.
www.last.fm/user/ThisCenotaph
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 18:17
Originally posted by Moatilliatta Moatilliatta wrote:

I enjoyed the second track. Nice key work.

thanks, i'm always glad when someone enjoys my work. by the way, your band is very good as well.
MonkeyphoneAlex View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 22:02
I liked it, just two questions.

What sub-genre would you say it it falls under?
What is the full title of the second track?
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST."
-FZ
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 09:11
Originally posted by MonkeyphoneAlex MonkeyphoneAlex wrote:

I liked it, just two questions.

What sub-genre would you say it it falls under?
What is the full title of the second track?

For sub-genre, i would say it's along the lines of experimental, and a lot of the songs i'm working on writing now are in a sort of post-rock vein, so i would say experimental/post would fit best, although there's influence from most sub-genres present.

The Full title is "The Taco's Spectre Versus The Mantiwhore". It's some odd phrase that came to me courtesy of that wonderful stream of consciousness.

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 15:39
Far from bad Sean - I agree that you know how to use the keys. Are you self tutored, or did you get any form of piano/keyboard training?

In the mean time, could you provide some details, as requested in the sticky post at the top of the Unsigned Bands section (under guideline/rule #2)? Thanks!
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2007 at 18:19
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Far from bad Sean - I agree that you know how to use the keys. Are you self tutored, or did you get any form of piano/keyboard training?

In the mean time, could you provide some details, as requested in the sticky post at the top of the Unsigned Bands section (under guideline/rule #2)? Thanks!

oh sorry, i didn't provide enough details. i'll do that now.
So, Deus Ex Pizza is a solo piano/keyboard project of mine. For genres, the main influences are in the music of King Crimson and Robert Fripp, Porcupine Tree, Rick Wakeman, Jordan Rudess, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Frederic Chopin, Franz Liszt, along with a host of others. I would classify the music in the experimental/post category, because although i take influence from almost of sub-genre of prog and quite a few non-prog genres i feel that  experimental best fits the attitude and music of the project. Currently, I'm working on finishing up my first album and with any luck finding a label that is willing to release it. once everything is set, i plan on distributing it independently until a label can be found.

As for your comments, i am extremely grateful. i took classical piano lessons for about a year and a half, but then had to stop because i had college to pay for and worry about. i'll have been playing for four years in january. so, other than that year and a half i've been teaching myself, mainly just learning my scales and chords and experimenting with different things and reading up on a lot of theory (the internet is great in that i can find anything i want about theory for free) and just learning all i can.
thank you again.

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 02:32
Thumbs%20Up Cheers, Sean. 
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 09:48
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Thumbs%20Up Cheers, Sean. 

Thanks
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 02:54
If anyone is interested, my full album can be streamed at http://www.last.fm/music/Deus+Ex+Pizza

I appreciate any listening/commentary/reviews anyone is able to offer, be they positive or negative.

Also, to keep up with news, a second currently untitled album is in the works, and will hopefully be preceeded by an EP, as I'm looking to do a split with another group, it's just been something I've wanted to do for a while. I'm hoping to have it out over the summer. This one's going to have more instruments than keys on it, which will bring more of a rock sound, and naturally, as time changes, so do musical interests. Anyway, the next one is influenced  quite a bit by Van der Graaf Generator and also French composer Yann Tiersen and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, along with older influences like King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Rick Wakeman, and the Romantic era of classical music and countless others.
Thanks for reading and whatever input you can provide.
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 03:07
thanks for sharing your stuff. Unfortunately I've no opportunity for listening on-line (fcking low traffic), but I'll try to (at my friend's PC )
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 03:16
Wow! Nice music. Clap

Listening to it via last.fm
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 13:19
Originally posted by progismylife progismylife wrote:

Wow! Nice music. Clap

Thank you very much. Smile
If you'd like, and this goes for anyone, I can send you the full album if you wish to review it, I could always use some reviews.
Also, I could use a favour, since I have a lot of difficulty classifying the things that I write so I have trouble describing it to others, so if anyone could tell me what sort of sense/style they get from the songs I would appreciate that.
There should also be some new ones coming soon.
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 13:20
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

thanks for sharing your stuff. Unfortunately I've no opportunity for listening on-line (fcking low traffic), but I'll try to (at my friend's PC )

That's all right, I just got back to school and streaming anything here is extremely difficult because the connections are so bad here.
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 10:49
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

Wow! Nice music. Clap

If you'd like, and this goes for anyone, I can send you the full album if you wish to review it, I could always use some reviews.
Also, I could use a favour, since I have a lot of difficulty classifying the things that I write so I have trouble describing it to others, so if anyone could tell me what sort of sense/style they get from the songs I would appreciate that.

I would like the album but then I couldn't promise how good the review would be or if I could write a review for it, it seems I've had a bit of writers block recently as well as school issues. But if the offer is available...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 14:22
The God Pizza?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 16:58
Or the God from the Pizza?

I'll have a listen this weekend or next Sean! Will be 'out-of-office' starting Sunday unfortunately.
ISKC Rock Radio
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 13:03
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

The God Pizza?

God out of Pizza. It's not supposed to make any sense.
sean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 13:12

Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

Wow! Nice music. Clap

I would like the album but then I couldn't promise how good the review would be or if I could write a review for it, it seems I've had a bit of writers block recently as well as school issues. But if the offer is available...

You don't have to write a review, I'm glad to share my music with anyone that appreciates it. In fact, I just set it for free download on last.fm. so anyone that wants it can download it.
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 13:18
I remember reading that if a band has an album out that is available for purchase in either CD or mp3 format, that they can be considered for addition here on PA.  Sean, is that a full album that you have for sale on your page there?  Because if so I can tell Angelo because this might be able to be moved into the Suggest New Bands Section.

I heard your music a while ago but I guess I never actually commented on it here.  I like the theme, very good for comical/experimental purposes (whichever you with to go with).  Like everyone before, your keyboard playing is quite good, and the songs are very interesting.  I really like the keyboard sounds you use, what program is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>