Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New album additions by PA members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 42>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Failcore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 14:14
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=33727

I just added my first album. W00t for me.
PaulH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 14:43
So, I just added my first album as well, woo-hoo!  Knight Area, Rising Signs From The Shadows, http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=33742

But... I got the uploaded picture wrong (just picked the wrong image from Realm Of Shadows instead).  I also don't have the timings yet, since they're not listed and I have to copy them down myself.

Interesting that I was able to submit the entry and it showed up immediately on PA apparently without moderation.  But, it looks like I can't edit the entry to fix the cover art or add the timings.  Bummer -- I guess I get one shot at a clean entry, huh?  :(

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 14:49
Originally posted by PaulH PaulH wrote:

So, I just added my first album as well, woo-hoo!  Knight Area, Rising Signs From The Shadows, http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=33742

But... I got the uploaded picture wrong (just picked the wrong image from Realm Of Shadows instead).  I also don't have the timings yet, since they're not listed and I have to copy them down myself.

Interesting that I was able to submit the entry and it showed up immediately on PA apparently without moderation.  But, it looks like I can't edit the entry to fix the cover art or add the timings.  Bummer -- I guess I get one shot at a clean entry, huh?  :(

Post this in the Errors & Omissions thread and a Special Collaborator can change the album art for you.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 15:13
^ Fixed.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
PaulH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 15:29
Cool, thanks!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 13:07
Oh these impatient members! Angry

Again additions before release dates (with probable reviews and ratings):
1. ORPHANED LAND "The Road to Or-Shalem" DVD: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34026
Release date: October 2011, no tracklist yet, I'm not sure the cover will be as shown.

2. PAIN OF SALVATION "Road Salt Two": http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34015
Release: end of September - October 2011.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 20:05
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=32729
I do not think that Steve's solo albums should be under Traffic no matter how much they resemble a Traffic album.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 03:37
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I do not think that Steve's solo albums should be under Traffic no matter how much they resemble a Traffic album.
Thanks to NaPH for drawing my attention to this one. I've taken it to the admin team for consideration.

There are precedents where solo and other related albums appear under a band (Groundhogs and the latest KC "projekt" come to mind straight away). In this case though, Winwood had a successful solo career, and should therefore be considered on that basis. If I can second guess Hugues, who added the album, I think he probably feels the rest of Winwood's solo albums should not be listed on the site, but this one should. Whether that is a legitimate way of deal with it is the question we must consider.

Edited by Easy Livin - August 02 2011 at 03:40
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2011 at 05:44
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Thanks to NaPH for drawing my attention to this one. I've taken it to the admin team for consideration.

There are precedents where solo and other related albums appear under a band (Groundhogs and the latest KC "projekt" come to mind straight away). In this case though, Winwood had a successful solo career, and should therefore be considered on that basis. If I can second guess Hugues, who added the album, I think he probably feels the rest of Winwood's solo albums should not be listed on the site, but this one should. Whether that is a legitimate way of deal with it is the question we must consider.
Better he should be in prog related with his whole discography, even if a lot is mainstream
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seventhsojourn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 04:28
It's one way round the ''band related'' artists issue I suppose. I've no wish to see other people's work removed, especially the work of one of PA's legends, and that is a fine album. However, Justin Hayward's Songwriter was removed within hours of being reviewed, and although I have no problem with that decision I'm not sure I see much difference.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 06:43
New Across Tundras album on Neurot Records added - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34233
No timings yet unfortunately.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 22:21
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 01:25
^ Thanks, fixed.
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 19:30
I have added Orne - The Tree of Life
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=34305
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 12:46
I have added the new album from Hella called Tripper.

Incidentally, it is available to download from Amazon.com for $5 during the month of September.

Or if you would rather, the song Self Checkout is available for free download from Rolling Stone here.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 13:38
admins or collabs should add the remaining tracks and length on the Hunter  as they have been claired

No. Title Length
1. "Black Tongue"   3:26
2. "Curl of the Burl"   3:40
3. "Blasteroid"   2:35
4. "Stargasm"   4:40
5. "Octopus Has No Friends"   3:49
6. "All the Heavy Lifting"   4:31
7. "The Hunter"   5:18
8. "Dry Bone Valley"   4:00
9. "Thickening"   4:31
10. "Creature Lives"   4:41
11. "Spectrelight (feat. Scott Kelly) [11]"   3:10
12. "Bedazzled Fingernails"   3:08
13. "The Sparrow"   5:32

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 15:25
What Hunter? Please give a link.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 15:55
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 18:08
Thanks, done.

Though it's enough time to release date.

Do you know what Scott Kelly does on track 11 (plays guitar, sings, both)?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 18:25
only vocals, as he have done on bothe Leviathan, Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 42>