Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDisen Gage

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Only two to their record, which is the one you like better?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [50.00%]
1 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disen Gage
    Posted: October 12 2007 at 13:38
Originally posted by Chameleon Chameleon wrote:

I just noticed your review was on their website! Might be old news, but, congrats! Clap

Thanks...Ansen's one is there too

Well, I always try to be in touch with RAIG label, it's the most interesting thing happening on post-Soviet area now...or maybe even in the whole music world!!!
Leningrad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 22:01
I just noticed your review was on their website! Might be old news, but, congrats! Clap
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 18:18
whatsa band u' been talking 'bout folks? Is it kinda like good ol' Genesis or Yes? Nope? I'm gonna ignore it then

I prefer debut to Libertage, which is a bit too loose for me, but very good anyway. For other Russian suggestions guys, please check my thread - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32786&PID=2620279#2620279 - and do yourself a favour searching through it for necessary info.
Leningrad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 09:16
Originally posted by honganji honganji wrote:

Judging from The Screw Loose Entertainment, this is a great band. I really dig their sound. If this is the shape of modern prog, it's a very good time for modern prog.

I haven't listened to Libertage, but I probably should. TSLE is one of the best albums I've received for free!

EDIT - I can't seem to find Libertage anywhere, does anybody know where I can pick up a copy?

Please check this site. You may be able to get Libertage from any shops. Smile

Thank you very much! Big%20smile
honganji View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 03:17

Judging from The Screw Loose Entertainment, this is a great band. I really dig their sound. If this is the shape of modern prog, it's a very good time for modern prog.

I haven't listened to Libertage, but I probably should. TSLE is one of the best albums I've received for free!

EDIT - I can't seem to find Libertage anywhere, does anybody know where I can pick up a copy?

Please check this site. You may be able to get Libertage from any shops. Smile
Leningrad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 22:53

Edited by Chameleon - October 11 2007 at 00:25
honganji View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 22:42
I prefer Libertage.
80s KC + 90s KC + Gong (?!) Embarrassed UMMM, It's difficult to say in a word. LOL
If you like InFront/Wordless, you may be able to enjoy both albums. Cool However 1st album is a little boring for me in comparison with Libertage.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 21:38
DISEN GAGE

Their PA bio:

DISEN GAGE is a unique mixture of various genres of instrumental music , including fripp-rock, progressive, fusion, world-music,psychedelic and improvised spots.Formed in 1999,the duo-guitar quartet (Yuri Alaverdyan and Konstantin Mochalov - guitars, Nikolay Syrtsev - bass and later Eugeniy Kudryashov - drums) gained popularity in intellectual and student's communities.Being busy with their academic career in the Moscow Institute of Bio-Organic Chemisrty, the band members decided to stop their musical activity.Using rare chances, they managed to arrange few late-night sessions in 2002 in a studio to record a farewell cassette for their friends and fans (later Yuri has left the band to continue his academic career). To their luck, this material was remastered and released in 2004 by RAIG music as DISEN GAGE's debut album.It was an exciting CD for many progzines and progfans all over the world, musically compared with KING CRIMSON, DJAM KARET, OZRIC TENTACLES and others. New band's mamber Sergey Bagin (guitar) helped the band to progress from a guitar-oriented prog-rock outfit to a challenging avant-prog group. Intricate textures, atonal improvising, tough rhythms and riffs, gentle soundscaping, great sense of melody, remarkable individual skills and excellent sense of humour - those who like instrumental prog aesthetic will not be disappointed!

==Biography Written by Prog-Jester (Igor)==

An interesting band. I only had a few listens of Libertage, and so I'll ask you, should I get it, if I liked The Screw-Loose Entertainment?

What did you think of this band's music?

Post Reply Post Reply