Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWe Want Bjork!...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Want Bjork!...
    Posted: October 15 2007 at 15:21

...Or at least, I'd like to find Björk somewhere in the "prog related" or "prog electronic" category... Come on! Admit it: "Isobel" could be the new millenium's version of Genesis's "White Mountain"...

Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 15:26
"WE WANT BJÖRK!..."

Do we?

C'mon, we don't!!!

Okay, if you insist

This is how the addition will look like
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 15:41
prog electronic?
cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 15:49
Love her work... but as sure as it is highly experimental, I doubt her very much as a prog act. Electronica scene is way more advanced...
¡Beware of the Bee!

E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 15:57
But the fact she just about scalped that female Asian reporter outside the airport automatically puts her in the angst-ridden punk category. LOL

E
Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 16:04
Originally posted by cuncuna cuncuna wrote:

Love her work... but as sure as it is highly experimental, I doubt her very much as a prog act. Electronica scene is way more advanced...

Seconded.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 16:08
Wasn't she the lady that showed up at some music award show wearing a swan dress including the head.  I don't believe tha I have ever heard anything that she has ever done but stuff like that kind of creeps me out.
Bastille Dude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 16:25
Well she is pretty "Out There", Wherever that may be. She sure as as heck doesn't fall into conventional pop territory. I'm not saying she's prog though, That's for the experts to determine.
DEATH TO FALSE PROG!
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 16:31
Not prog. Very eclectic, but not prog.
Empathy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 17:08
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Wasn't she the lady that showed up at some music award show wearing a swan dress including the head.  I don't believe tha I have ever heard anything that she has ever done but stuff like that kind of creeps me out.

What's creepy about that? Wink

Edited by Empathy - October 15 2007 at 17:09
Pure Brilliance:
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 17:17
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

"WE WANT BJÖRK!..."

Do we?

C'mon, we don't!!!

Okay, if you insist

This is how the addition will look like

No
yes
no
yes
no
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Cheesecakemouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 06:01
Again if we have Bjork then we have to have Yoko Ono; and who wants her on the archives.
From what I've heard Bjork to me appears to be of the pseudo arty types like Yoko Ono, no real talent but if they act bizarre and weird then they  appear to be creative and are considered art by people who can't tell the difference between their backsides and music.
Bjorks music (from what I've heard and I'm prepared to be corrected) sounds like simple pop songs and she just sings weird and wears weird costumes, and to some that sounds 'arty'. Just like Devo has suckered many people in, with lack of talent and looking weird, she strikes me as a bit of a charletan.
I AM OPEN TO BEING CORRECTED MY KNOWLEDGE OF HER MUSIC IS RELATIVELY LIMITED SO THIS IS JUST MY IMPRESSION SO FAR.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 06:02
Originally posted by paolo.beenees paolo.beenees wrote:

...Or at least, I'd like to find Björk somewhere in the "prog related" or "prog electronic" category... Come on! Admit it: "Isobel" could be the new millenium's version of Genesis's "White Mountain"...

A COOL COSTUME DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE PROG!!!
paolo.beenees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 15:19
^ ??? Unless you want a photo of her naked, that's what the web offers. I think it's clear we're talking about music.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 15:31

^ ??? Unless you want a photo of her naked, that's what the web offers. I think it's clear we're talking about music.

If we're about to put pictures of naked artists in our website, we don't have to restrict ourselves to prog music! Big%20smileTongueBig%20smile

We want our MTV!
Gog/Magog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 15:59
Originally posted by Cheesecakemouse Cheesecakemouse wrote:

Again if we have Bjork then we have to have Yoko Ono; and who wants her on the archives.
From what I've heard Bjork to me appears to be of the pseudo arty types like Yoko Ono, no real talent but if they act bizarre and weird then they  appear to be creative and are considered art by people who can't tell the difference between their backsides and music.
Bjorks music (from what I've heard and I'm prepared to be corrected) sounds like simple pop songs and she just sings weird and wears weird costumes, and to some that sounds 'arty'. Just like Devo has suckered many people in, with lack of talent and looking weird, she strikes me as a bit of a charletan.
I AM OPEN TO BEING CORRECTED MY KNOWLEDGE OF HER MUSIC IS RELATIVELY LIMITED SO THIS IS JUST MY IMPRESSION SO FAR.

No, you've pretty much summed her up
Some swear they see me weeping in the poppy fields of France
paolo.beenees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 16:07

Bjork to me appears to be of the pseudo arty types like Yoko Ono, no real talent but if they act bizarre and weird then they  appear to be creative and are considered art by people who can't tell the difference between their backsides and music.

I've got no problem in having my proposal rejected (in fact, this is only a proposal and a point of view). I've got absolutely no problem in assuming that Bjork may be deeply disliked by anybody. But you end up by being offensive and, for you as a person, this is really a problem.
There's always time for getting better.
Cheers
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 16:12

I love Isobel! And some other tunes, like Joga and Bachelorette, and Visur Vatnsenda Rosu, what she did with Hector Zazou.

Prog-related? Her music, however eclectic and innovative, is still very much song-based. No prog in the strict sense of the word, but prog related is such a wide category that there must be a place for Bjork. For me she was the most important innovative artist of the '90's. She hasn't lost her sense for musical sense for adventure, BTW.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 16:33

Seeing as how you've probably never heard a full Björk album, you're awfully quick to judge her entire output & any fans she might have on this website. How very constructive... To be honest, this tells a lot more about you than it does about Björk. I have no problem about you not liking Björk, but how about placing your words in a more polite manner next time?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2007 at 17:59

Bjork to me appears to be of the pseudo arty types like Yoko Ono, no real talent but if they act bizarre and weird then they  appear to be creative and are considered art by people who can't tell the difference between their backsides and music.

I've got no problem in having my proposal rejected (in fact, this is only a proposal and a point of view). I've got absolutely no problem in assuming that Bjork may be deeply disliked by anybody. But you end up by being offensive and, for you as a person, this is really a problem.
There's always time for getting better.
Cheers

Confused Sorry I wasn't trying to indirectly insult you, I was targeting the music critics and magazines, I respect your choice and I apologise if I've offended you that wasn't my intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>