Topic ClosedDEEP PURPLE at Zetra, Sarajevo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEEP PURPLE at Zetra, Sarajevo
    Posted: November 04 2007 at 07:22
I spent my 43rd birthday celebration last night at Deep Purple show in Sarajevo. What to say, never a true fan of this band (even in my teens), I still felt I would be sorrow if I miss this. Not many great international rock events around here anyway, so we here don't have much choice.

The concert lasted 1h 45 minutes in front of the crowded Zetra sport hall. It was very successful and warmly welcomed performance. To be honest, the last album of DP I entirely listened was "Perfect Strangers" from 1984, so being pretty unaware of their developments last 20 years, I was a bit suspicious. But luckily the band sticked to the well known, old repertoire.

There were several songs unbeknownest to me , probably from their last album "Rapture of the Deep", but the majority were old classics among which I recognised:

- Knocking at your Back Door
- Perfect Strangers
- Into the Fire
- Highway star
- Smoke on the Water
- Lazy
- Space Trucking
- Woman from Tokyo
and during an encore
- Hush
- Black Night

I was also suspicios of the "newcomers", Don Airey and Steve Morse, because absence of Lord and Blackmore was a warning sign to me. But, they both did an excellent job on their instruments, entirely justifying their replacements.

If I want to be a picky, grumpy old man, I would complain about poor sound quality, inappropriate lighting and several mistakes Gillan and Paice made during the show.

But, I won't. Who cares? This was extremely pleasant experience. ClapSmile

Edited by Seyo - November 04 2007 at 07:56
 Post Reply Post Reply