Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedestradasphere in the progarchives?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 18:38
have i died and gone to non-prog heaven??  is anyone seriously dogging estradsphere here?  these guys are absolutely amazing.   they can play ANY style, they can be serious, they can be humorous.....they can re-do classical pieces in their own great way.   they are absolutely Prog, and if you disagree, you are not a true prog fan.  you are a bad critic and have nothing better to do than sit on ur computer and be totally 1-sided and close-minded.    whose that pro-e.l.p. fan who was dissing them?  you dont even deserve to have that e.l.p. picture.    advice....go see them live....they are amazing and will give you one of the best shows you've ever seen.    c'mon seriously, they are one of the best things to come out lately, and dont group with alot of bands because they are so different.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 01:56
Originally posted by smuggledmutation smuggledmutation wrote:

have i died and gone to non-prog heaven??  is anyone seriously dogging estradsphere here?  these guys are absolutely amazing.   they can play ANY style, they can be serious, they can be humorous.....they can re-do classical pieces in their own great way.   they are absolutely Prog, and if you disagree, you are not a true prog fan.  you are a bad critic and have nothing better to do than sit on ur computer and be totally 1-sided and close-minded.    whose that pro-e.l.p. fan who was dissing them?  you dont even deserve to have that e.l.p. picture.    advice....go see them live....they are amazing and will give you one of the best shows you've ever seen.    c'mon seriously, they are one of the best things to come out lately, and dont group with alot of bands because they are so different.

What about having a look at the database before posting (and attacking others)?
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2041

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 12:53

I'm not really a fan. They do the lol, random genre shifts better than Mr Bungle, but I still don't find them very interesting. Thanks for the smooth jazz song on Palace of Mirrors, guys...
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Avantgardehead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2008 at 04:52
Awesome band! Thumbs Up
http://www.last.fm/user/Avantgardian
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2008 at 03:30
They do some really good stuff. Many compare them to Mr. Bungle in their expanse of styles. But they have been accused of arranging a series of musical non-sequitors.  Mr. Bungle tends to use different styles, but with transitions that usually allow one to comprehend the intended direction.

I enjoy Estradasphere from time to time. But I also irritate my friends by putting my entire collection on random so I get play sequences like Genesis followed by Meshuggah followed by The Ohio Players followed by Coltrane followed by Rimsky-Korsokov followed by The Residents followed by Tom Jones folowed  by Strapping Young Lad...etc. So the musical non-sequitors don't bug me.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 09:45

Open the tap of blood-feeding to your brains before attacking the web.......

They've been here for over three years!!!AngryLOLBig smile

And to be quite frank, I found the one album I reviewed quite boring.....that it never enticed me to rent the other albums in my library sustem.
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12