Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBoston???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Poll Question: Should Boston be given a spot in prog related?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [29.27%]
29 [70.73%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:36
Just be aware that if Boston gets added... the injustice done with Metallica is more evident each day.......AngryWink

Tongue

Edited by The T - November 13 2007 at 18:37
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:41
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Just be aware that if Boston gets added... the injustice done with Metallica is more evident each day.......AngryWink

Tongue

ain't that the truth... Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:41
then again Teo.. do what I would do.. add them where they could go.. maybe should go...

add to in Prog Metal
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:42
<bad code> if x is added, why not y? </bad code>
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:44
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Tongue

I agree.  Not that I'm opposed to Boston being added, but I think Metallica should be here on the strength of their first 5 albums, particularly Master of Puppets and And Justice for All.  If those aren't prog metal, I don't know what is.  Confused  Nothing they do now could be confused with prog, much less metal LOL, but those first five definitely are both to my ears. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:55
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Tongue

I agree.  Not that I'm opposed to Boston being added, but I think Metallica should be here on the strength of their first 5 albums, particularly Master of Puppets and And Justice for All.  If those aren't prog metal, I don't know what is.  Confused  Nothing they do now could be confused with prog, much less metal LOL, but those first five definitely are both to my ears. 

yes... but God did speak LOL  and delivered hellfire onto the idea of adding them as PR... maybe he wanted them in PM.  Who knows what God's plan for us is... Big%20smile
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 18:55
no no no no, not the old Metalica campaign. We fought that war, there was much bloodshed and tears; Teddys were being chucked from prams with little regard for the ensuing mayhem such that the collatoral damage was at unprecidented levels never before seen in the field of human endevour. The air was blue with fontage and a whole squadron of brave Prog-metallists were lost in the final battle in a last ditched attempt to turn the tide, but to no avail. Least we forget...

Edited by darqdean - November 13 2007 at 18:59
What?
Yorkie X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2007 at 19:31
lets let admin decide , this topic has had some great points theres enough here to consider for or against.  
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 02:08

then again Teo.. do what I would do.. add them where they could go.. maybe should go...

add to in Prog Metal

Bad idea, I'm afraid... I suppose you remember what happened on a previous occasion, when a genre team added a 'controversial' band. Let's face it, until people stop taking every addition they don't agree with as a personal issue, it's much better to let the proverbial sleeping dogs lie.
ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 02:26
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

add to in Prog Metal

Bad idea, I'm afraid... I suppose you remember what happened on a previous occasion, when a genre team added a 'controversial' band. Let's face it, until people stop taking every addition they don't agree with as a personal issue, it's much better to let the proverbial sleeping dogs lie.

I do believe that prog has grown larger than any one person's taste can encompass, although people seem to continuously to strive to do so,  either by sampling everything or restricting their horizons (and sometimes those of others.)  If a part of prog isn't your cup of tea, well, there's no reason to limit another person's horizons by trying to claim it isn't prog. 

A much more healthy reaction would be just to ignore it.   I must admit that's what I do with just about all prog metal except for Queensryche.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 03:37
I think we'll bring this discussion to a close now. If anyone wishes to seek the Admin teams approval to add Boston, just contact a member of the team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789