Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHigh Wheel (Germany)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Wheel (Germany)
    Posted: November 21 2007 at 06:32
I've got 3 albums of High Wheel: There, Back From The Void and Live Before The Storm.
I like very much their music which is for me the fusion between  progressive rock, hard-rock and classic-rock.

All the albums of High Wheel are remastered on the swedish label Progress Records.

http://www.high-wheel.de/
http://www.progressrec.com/

Casartelli View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 06:50

I think their studio albums are ok, but nothing really special: often they're overlong and neoprog cliches are a bit too numerous.

However, last year they released a double live album, "Live Before The Storm" which let all my reserves disappear. Normally I'm not very fond of live albums, but this is a really good and energetic set.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 14:27
I purchased and downloaded 3 of their albums from eMusic.com: 1910, There, and Remember the Colours.  They also have the Live Before the Storm album which I might download next month.  Very enjoyable Neo-Prog band, at least musically.  I haven't listened close enough to the lyrics to see how interesting the concepts are yet.  Hopefully, one day soon, but not likely.  I need a karaoke machine on the computer screen which runs the lyrics at the bottom like a stock ticker.
 Post Reply Post Reply