Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eruption
    Posted: December 04 2007 at 18:39

I'd like to suggest the '70s German band Eruption for inclusion.

Eruption was based in Berlin, and their only release was a self-titled LP released in 1970. The line-up consisted of Klaus Freudigmann, Conrad Schnitzler and Wolfgang Seidel, although they were affiliated with Manuel Gottsching, Klaus Schulze and Hartmut Enke, all of whom would later go on to form Ash Ra Tempel. Dieter Serfas (Embryo) and members of Agitation Free would also join the band.

The music bears resemblences to Kluster and the cosmic soundscapes of early Tangerine Dream, with little structure and many experimental noises. Sounding like many of the groups that it eventually blossomed into, I believe that Eruption has a rightful place in the Krautrock section.

This LP was reissued in 2006 by the Italian label QBico, although it was done so in extremely limited quantities. I have found a video containing some of Eruption's music, and I would be more than happy to upload some more music if anyone else is interested. Drop me a PM.

Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 10:34
Wow!Thumbs%20UpCool ! How do I get this ? Is  the rest of the album similar ? Just when you think you`ve heard everything.................a new discovery ! Similar to Cluster I agree. Love the spaced  out chick.Cool. Totally wacked video. Reminds me of some of the stuff a friend of mine used create back in the seventies.

Edited by Vibrationbaby - December 05 2007 at 10:38
philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 11:06
Conrad Schnitzler signed an album called Eruption with Kluster...The one you mention is an other contribution, a really rare effort that cearly deserves a place here...Maybe we can add this in the Conrad Schnitzler's discography...this weird electronic noisy trance like project is closed to Schnitzler's Schwarz and Kluster.

However if you consider that the project needs to have a legitimate place in krautrock with its own page, I'm also ok for it.

All these bands and projects emerged from the "Zodiak Free art Lab", an 70's underground club from Berlin reserved to happenings & free performances.

Thanks
Leningrad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 20:17
Thanks philippe! Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

I don't know where we should put it. Shnitzler said that he wanted this to be a different project than his work with Kluster.
philippe View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 20:49

^ well, you can be the judge on this one. Just a thing, if you have the intention to add Eruption as a band it would be better to have a serious biography. I don't see objections to mention the project in krautrock. If you want to do so, just send me all the informations by PM and I will add them under your name.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply