Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dial
    Posted: December 11 2007 at 18:14
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Erik - when at Riverside, check out their support Dial. They're being considered for inclusion, but the discussion is heavy prog vs. prog metal. Opinions welcome.

Angelo made the following comment in Erik Neuteboom's "lesser known..." thread.  It appears that Dial is being discussed between Prog Metal and Heavy Prog.  According to the Prog Metal link that team rejected them, so maybe the Heavy Prog team is considering them as well.  I guess I should have mentioned that category as well since it is the third subgenre from the former Art Rock category.
No worries Scott, all three of the Art Rock teams talk to each other Wink 
What?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 17:22
QUOTE=Angelo]Erik - when at Riverside, check out their support Dial. They're being considered for inclusion, but the discussion is heavy prog vs. prog metal. Opinions welcome.

[/QUOTE]

Angelo made the following comment in Erik Neuteboom's "lesser known..." thread.  It appears that Dial is being discussed between Prog Metal and Heavy Prog.  According to the Prog Metal link that team rejected them, so maybe the Heavy Prog team is considering them as well.  I guess I should have mentioned that category as well since it is the third subgenre from the former Art Rock category.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 14:30
Thanks, I'm starting to listen to it now.  Have to go out shortly; opinion to come later.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 14:01
Listening to the MySpace samples - I'll take then to the Xover & Eclectic teams, thanks Scott.
What?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2007 at 13:37

I was just listening to Synchronized from Dial and was looking to see whether there were any reviews of this album and I found that they were not included as of yet on PA.  I see that they were considered and rejected by the prog metal team.  Has there been any thought in including them in one of the former Art Rock categories?  I am thinking either eclectic or crossover but I would leave the exact categorization to the experts. 

They are on the Prog Rock record label so to me this is a pretty good indication that they belong on PA.  On other websites I have seen them compared to Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Blackfield, Paatos, and Pink Floyd.  The bass player is Kristoffer Gildenow, formerly of Pain of Salvation.  Also, the producer was Devon Graves. 

Anyhow, I wasn't sure if any additional thought had been given to including this new band on PA. 

If you haven't heard them below is a link to their MySpace page for samples of some of their music.

Thank you for any consideration that is given to adding Dial to PA.
 Post Reply Post Reply