Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlogiA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AlogiA
    Posted: December 24 2007 at 07:25
When a friend of mine told me that they are a Serbian metal band, I didn't believed him...

So far they have released 3 albums, 1 in Serbian and 2 in English. My favorite is the Serbian one, Priče o Životu (Tales of Life). In this album prog metal dominates (as their previous one was dominated by power).

You really can't even imagine that this band actually comes from Eastern Europe... I can easily say that AlogiA is one of the world's best prog metal acts ever. They're even better than Symphony X, no doubt...

Anybody heard, or even better, listened to them?
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 13:26
I think Alogia's song examples in PA don't show thier Prog side; their best examples IMO are "Secred Spheres" and "Reditus". You can download them from their website, click here for a direct link.

Edited by Aeternus - January 15 2008 at 13:27
Seyo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 16:50
I am not a big fan of metal and don't know much about about prog metal either, but I'll try to listen Alogia.
BigBoss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 17:33
Srdjan (from AlogiA) has a new project called Expedition Delta that is available on ProgRock Records, it has a lot of the guys from AlogiA as well as guests like Gary Wehrkamp and Erik Norlander.  You can hear audio samples, read more about it and purchase it at http://www.progrockrecords.com/shop/view.php?id=149 it is also available as a digital download where you can preview entire songs at http://www.mindawn.com/albums/3878

It has also been released to internet radio where you should be able to request tracks at stations like www.progrock.com
Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
www.mindawn.com
wolfvaga View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 12:12
Wow! I can't believe that somebody is mentioning this band! Ok, I know them, they are from the town where I was born (Smederevo, 46 km of Belgrade). They are one of mayor act in our (totaly underground) rock/metal scene... But truthfully to say, they are more popular abroad, then here... If you want, send me texts and I'll translate them for you... Cheers...Smile 
Lupus in fabula :)
 Post Reply Post Reply