Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRitratto Di Un Mattino (Italian/Symphonic?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ritratto Di Un Mattino (Italian/Symphonic?)
    Posted: January 06 2008 at 03:54
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 19:27
Another great band, Andrea.  I especially like the bass playing, which adds a groovy aspect to the atmospheric guitars.  After that there's only one more musician in the group to mention, the drummer, who holds the band together very well.  These guys have a few releases out and available for purchase, which are:

DISCOGRAPHY:
(to receive albums write to: [email protected])
-- Almeadon (2004): 12 tracks, 51min (cover by Danilo Russo)
-- Live (2005): 5 tracks, 43min
-- Demo (2005): 3 tracks, 13min
-- Ritratto Di Un Mattino: 13 tracks, 50min (artwork by Gaia Cristofaro, [email protected] )

The songs on their Myspace focus on their most recent release, the self-titled 2006 album Ritratto Di Un Mattino (with the exclusion of one live song on the page).  I'm gonna have these guys sent to Suggest New Bands section, under the genre of Italian Symphonic Progressive.  If for some crazy reason they don't fit in there, they have some other places they could fit, including Psychedelic.

Edited by asimplemistake - January 27 2008 at 19:29
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 19:33
ahhh .missed this one.. checking it out...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 13:46
Moved to "Suggest" - if the albums turn out to be demo quality we'll be happy to take them back into Unsigned. Have you checked with the band already, Dan?
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 14:58
^What do you mean by Demo quality?  Their songs can be heard on their myspace, and they sound like  good enough quality to me but I can contact the band later today when I get more time.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 15:32
Good. I don't expect problems here, just made a reference to the guidelines. Getting in tocuh with the band and inviting them over is always good. They're the best source for an eventual bio as well.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 15:42
Ya ok I'll try...I hope they can understand some English...

ok, e-mail sent.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 18:06
alrighty.. time to put the boys to work... sending this over to the Ital Symph team to look out.

I assume they are 'official' then....

if the team doesn't think it fits.. we'll kick it to another sub. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 22:35
Originally posted by asimplemistake asimplemistake wrote:

Another great band, Andrea.  I especially like the bass playing, which adds a groovy aspect to the atmospheric guitars.  After that there's only one more musician in the group to mention, the drummer, who holds the band together very well.  These guys have a few releases out and available for purchase, which are:

DISCOGRAPHY:
-- Ritratto Di Un Mattino: 13 tracks, 50min (artwork by Gaia Cristofaro, [email protected] )

The songs on their Myspace focus on their most recent release, the self-titled 2006 album Ritratto Di Un Mattino (with the exclusion of one live song on the page).  I'm gonna have these guys sent to Suggest New Bands section, under the genre of Italian Symphonic Progressive.  If for some crazy reason they don't fit in there, they have some other places they could fit, including Psychedelic.

After listening to their myspace songs, they seem to be a great band indeed and of course worthy of inclusion in PA, maybe the crazy reason that would make me say that they dont fit in RPI is that those songs on their myspace show a more "eclectic" sound rather than "symphonic", maybe when i manage to listen a whole album, my mind could change but now i would say Eclectic.Tongue

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 01:31
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

DISCOGRAPHY:

After listening to their myspace songs, they seem to be a great band indeed and of course worthy of inclusion in PA, maybe the crazy reason that would make me say that they dont fit in RPI is that those songs on their myspace show a more "eclectic" sound rather than "symphonic", maybe when i manage to listen a whole album, my mind could change but now i would say Eclectic.Tongue

No problem, I can't argue with anything said by the Italian Symph guys because I am a total noob to RPI.  I'm just trying to give these bands a spot here on PA.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 09:06
Are there any updates on this band that I should know of?  I've been emailing Stefano of the band and he is interested in PA and is working on a bio and more information about the band that we could use.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 09:36

Are there any updates on this band that I should know of?  I've been emailing Stefano of the band and he is interested in PA and is working on a bio and more information about the band that we could use.

I'm pretty sure I put this before the team.. and I'll need to check.. but I don't think all votes are in.  In they aren't.. I'll twist some arms to get it voted upon.  I do think it will probably end up in eclectic.. but we haven't had everyone speak yet I believe.  Will check back on our team page. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 09:42
ahhhh.. missed a vote in there.... passing on to Rico.. suggesting eclectic as a first option for addtion. We'll see what he says.  
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 12:51
The band will be added soon i am sure, i too have emailed Stefano and he kindly sent me their first Demo and album, i promised him reviews when they are added. Tongue

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 20:49
Great we have them now!!!
And i want to invite evrybody to listen to Stefano`s (member of Ritrato) side projects which are more avant oriented.

http://www.myspace.com\adanuki (the avant-prog duo)
http://www.myspace.com\solquestprojects (my solo project)

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 16:23
Clap
ISKC Rock Radio
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 20:46
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

Great we have them now!!!
And i want to invite evrybody to listen to Stefano`s (member of Ritrato) side projects which are more avant oriented.

http://www.myspace.com\adanuki (the avant-prog duo)
http://www.myspace.com\solquestprojects (my solo project)

People should check out these pages.  I took a look/listen earlier and I really liked it.
 Post Reply Post Reply