Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 15:16
Originally posted by Synchestra Synchestra wrote:

Originally posted by CinemaZebra CinemaZebra wrote:

There's enough for about five of those.
Maybe he meant good anime? LOL

isn't that what Toonami is for?? man, that needs to get its own channel one of these days if u ask me, either that or Funimation. it exists, but not on Xfinity (the channel not VOD). i wanna get something like that!!
Progrockdude
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 19:30
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

A little delayed - oh well.
Really enjoyed the finale, ties up things well and still had that emotional punch that the series has been delivering. I'll be watching the movie and OVA material for sure later on down the road. Steins;Gate was so good that i made into me Top 5 Anime.

In no order..

Kill la Kill
Attack on Titan
Steins;Gate
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

We share 3 of those 5, I haven't seen Kill la Kill yet and though I though Shingeki no Kyojin was very good, not quite top 5.

Anybody else watching Sword Art Online II, 4 episodes in and it's going quite nicely.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 19:35
All I'm watching so far this season is Sailor Moon Crystal and Zankyou no Terror. I can't remember if I meant to check out any more current anime but i should look into it.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 21:53
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

A little delayed - oh well.
Really enjoyed the finale, ties up things well and still had that emotional punch that the series has been delivering. I'll be watching the movie and OVA material for sure later on down the road. Steins;Gate was so good that i made into me Top 5 Anime.

In no order..

Kill la Kill
Attack on Titan
Steins;Gate
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

We share 3 of those 5, I haven't seen Kill la Kill yet and though I though Shingeki no Kyojin was very good, not quite top 5.

Anybody else watching Sword Art Online II, 4 episodes in and it's going quite nicely.

I'm watching SAO2 as well, i haven't watched Epi3 yet though. I wasn't a huge fan of SAO in general but liked the idea of a shooter game for the second setting. So far it's been fine. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 05:56
I'm up to Ep4 as that was aired yesterday. They're taking much more care in developing the story than they did with SAO/ALO, and it helps that the Phantom Bullet volumes in the LN's are much better written as well.

Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2014 at 17:40
after a too long hiatus, i finally got into Gurren Lagann again (in the timeskip btw), and man that felt great!
Progrockdude
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 18:00
Nearing the end of Evangelion (watching it to the end this time) and, with what I've heard about the ending, I'm in an infinite loop of alternating high and low expectations.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 18:38
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Nearing the end of Evangelion (watching it to the end this time) and, with what I've heard about the ending, I'm in an infinite loop of alternating high and low expectations.
End of Evangelion makes up for it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 19:27
I'm going to take that as a negative opinion on the original ending, which lowers my expectations, which conversely heightens them. 
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 06:22
Yeah, Evangelion would have needed an extra episode to make the original ending work. Watch End of Evangelion afterwards and it'll tie in really well, giving you a better idea of whats happening.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 14:51
I tried to watch End of Evangelion but it was really jarring jumping right back into Shinji's self-loathing. I'll save it for later.

Started RahXephon and oh my, what an anime. Loving every minute of it.
JellySucker View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellySucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 09:16
Bookmarking this thread Big smileThumbs UpStar
I print dank quality M E M E stickers ° ͜ʖ ͡ -
last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jellypanini
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProgRockTime

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellySucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 09:20
Well, i'm into modern anime lol

I love Kill la Kill, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Nichijou
my other favorites would be SNK,  D-Frag, Watamote, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt and many others

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 10:33
Kill La Kill is in my Top 5 anime. Gave it a 10/10 on MAL. Loved it. 

For anyone who wants to add me :-]
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellySucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 05:30

Kill La Kill is in my Top 5 anime. Gave it a 10/10 on MAL. Loved it. 

For anyone who wants to add me :-]

daaaaamn Big smile

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 14:28
Anyone else watching Akame ga Kill!? This series is fantastic. I've read the manga up to what's been released, around 52 chapters so far I think, and just started the anime last night.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 16:54
So, this is the third episode of Attack on titans I'm watching and... Pfff, I'm too old for this nimmdjoy.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 17:42
I'm watching Akame la Kill and enjoying it, though Bro was my favorite character so >_>

I'm also on a Magi binge, i watched Season 1 a while ago and just waited until recently to start up Season 2 - and it's incredible. The series is a lot like Fullmetal Alchemist imo. 
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 04:45
Okay, I've watched four episodes of Attack on Titan so far. I don't understand the hype. 
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 11:47
You're four episodes in? How are the characters supposed to grow on you? The plot interest you? If you've watched four episodes? LOL

It's okay to not like it as much as others, but if you're going to go into the show trying to dislike it, then well - that's what is going to happen. 

Also one of my favorite parts of the show, is the animation/art style. The fights/action are fluid and are well composed and i find the show beautiful - so if you don't like it as much then that's another reason it might not live up to the hype. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 43>