Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2015 at 16:54
Well, I will go to the movies tomorrow (I mean, on wednesday) and watch Marnie in French. I will check later cinemas in Paris which play it in original version.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2015 at 04:23
Cowboy Bebop on blu ray arrived in the mail!  I guess the next couple of days are booked now!
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 20:47
just finished an anime film i started along with the rest of my school's anime club before winter break 2014, Wolf Children........holy sh*t. emotional, sad, and rather satisfying and true about life in general. went straight to listening to King Crimson's Islands (the song along with the Prelude) afterwards due to it reminding me of that song. Cry
Progrockdude
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 22:24

Big smile Ok let me go duck and hide now LOL
Hug
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 22:36
oh lord.
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 07:21
LOL
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 14:30
uhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

god help us all..... Ermm
Progrockdude
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2015 at 18:22
I've been trying to watch Monster recently. Got 8 episodes in and gave up, the writing is so bad and Tenma is a terrible character, I really can't see why it gets praised so highly.

Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2015 at 18:37
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

I've been trying to watch Monster recently. Got 8 episodes in and gave up, the writing is so bad and Tenma is a terrible character, I really can't see why it gets praised so highly.
Them's fightin' words. 

Tongue Anyway, what specifically are your problems with it thus far? 
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2015 at 06:14
Well, Tenma is a complete moron as well as being a pansy and the way they tried to depict hospital politics was hamfisted in the extreme.

One of the things that got me was the way Tenma almost went to bits when he and Nina found her parents and Maurer dead. I've read too many accounts from motorsport doctors of the 70's and 80's that attended to some of the most horrific crashes and injuries imaginable, sometimes involving friends, to know that good doctors tend to push the emotional aspects asside and work on autopilot.

Then there was the two cops he found that were working with Johan, why on earth did he not go and call Lunge who he knows works for the BKA and has been on the case for years?

The premise and art work is amazing, execution not so good.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2015 at 08:41
LOL Sonia, you're too much!!

Edited by Metalmarsh89 - February 06 2015 at 08:41
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 22:43
I'm giving Samurai Champloo a chance and so far, I like it.  I'm only 6 or 7 episodes in, but I like it at this point.  Good soundtrack, too.

Edited by MillsLayne - February 07 2015 at 22:44
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2015 at 23:31
champloo bored me to tears

dropped it early

though the soundtrack is great
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 05:41
^Same here, though I didn't like the soundtrack either.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2015 at 15:08
MovingPictures07 is hosting a Death Note themed mafia game over on The Syndicate if anyone is interested in playing.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/phpBB-3.0.11/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=533
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 21:48
Just watched the movie Colorful. I liked it quite a bit.

Edited by Polymorphia - February 22 2015 at 22:14
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 15:55
I need to try and pick up Monster again.  70+ episodes is a huge commitment.

I just started Ghost Hound which from what I can tell aims to explore the link between psychological trauma and astral travelling.  In his dreams, the main character endlessly revisits a derelict hospital where he was held captive by a kidnapper. The traumatic experience is so well conveyed that when he finally goes back to to the place, the dread is almost too much to handle.   I believe it's by the same writer that did Serial Experiments Lain. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 17:58
I still need to watch Serial Experiments Lain.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 18:06
Watch Lain right now.

I was starting to watch Ghost Hound last year, I need to finish that.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2015 at 07:49
I finished Lain recently, excellent mind bending series.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 43>