Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 10:22
Currently watching:

Tokyo Ghoul. (horror/thriller).
Suisei No Gargantia. (science fiction).
Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko. (comedy/romance/drama).
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 10:28
Gargantia is pretty good. I was glad to hear that they are properly continuing it with a second season very soon. 

I've been slowing down on my anime, but i've been watching..

Durarara season 2
Parasyte
Planetes
Aldnoah Zero season 2
Akatsuki no Yona 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 11:36
Durarara is amazing, loving that season, and also watching Aldnoah Zero, which is pretty decent but nothing special. Also watching the two Gundam series and they're both pretty disappointing. Reconguista in G has a good story buried in their somewhere but is mired in incoherant story telling and a lack poor development of it's characters, whilst Build Fighters Try is increasingly feeling like a cheap cash in on the first seasons succes, it has none of the humer, interesting characters, interesting battles or cool custom designs of the first season and just loads of battles that make no sense what so ever.

Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 12:01
Aldnoah Zero is a guilty pleasure of mine. 
I love watching it. Approve

And yes Durarara is just flawless right now, no decline in quality even after how long it has been since the original and could even said that it trumps S1 in some parts. 

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 18:26
I'd sat it is better, the characters are just as brilliant and the story is better this time around, I felt that was the one area that Durarara lacked in for the first season.

Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 19:49
i forgot to mention earlier that i started watching Kill La Kill via Toonami (on Xfinity On Demand) every Sunday.
Progrockdude
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2015 at 14:06
Rats, I guess I shouldn't recommend an anime before finishing it.  Second half of Ghost Hound is very disappointing, and not up to the same quality of writing.  Could have been a 10/10 if it kept up with the traumatic/tense/horror/mystery elements instead of killing the main story and giving some half-baked subplots center stage.

Anyway I have been watching a ton of Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann since I figured I was watching too many serious things.  Definitely hooked on both. I thought these weren't supposed to be serious...

Edited by bloodnarfer - March 02 2015 at 14:07
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 11:14
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Rats, I guess I shouldn't recommend an anime before finishing it.  Second half of Ghost Hound is very disappointing, and not up to the same quality of writing.  Could have been a 10/10 if it kept up with the traumatic/tense/horror/mystery elements instead of killing the main story and giving some half-baked subplots center stage.

Anyway I have been watching a ton of Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagann since I figured I was watching too many serious things.  Definitely hooked on both. I thought these weren't supposed to be serious...

they weren't; watching the latter a second time through Toonami, while also watching the former for the first one. it's over the top stupid, but still.... so far #4 was the best one. LOLZ!!!!!!!
Progrockdude
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 05:54
Just discovered Ishida to Asakura.
I strongly recommend it (even if I'm not sure there's an English sub/dub).
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 15:35
finished Kill la Kill yesterday....... and HOLY f**kING sh*t THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!
Progrockdude
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 15:43
It's one of my Top 5 for a reason. 

Tongue
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 16:39
Originally posted by King Only King Only wrote:

Currently watching:

Tokyo Ghoul. (horror/thriller).
Suisei No Gargantia. (science fiction).
Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko. (comedy/romance/drama).

How is Hentai Ouji...? I started reading the manga but stopped at some point. I remember it being a rather bizarre collection of circumstances and events.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 17:39
even the Big Mick was once into Anime..Embarrassed

classic!

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 17:45
My uncle went to senior prom in a star blazer.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 17:50
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

My uncle went to senior prom in a star blazer.

Clap  now he had style!

I went to prom in a taxi that smelled like piss with a taxi driver who didn't speak english.. but I couldnt' get out of not wearing a tux.   no tux.. no sex.  My date was clear about that Ouch

though she did meet me half way. She did let me wear my red chuck taylors at least.. Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 20:23
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

even the Big Mick was once into Anime..Embarrassed

classic!

Space Battleship Yamato, haven't seen the original series yet but it got remade a few years ago and was pretty cool.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2015 at 12:15
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

It's one of my Top 5 for a reason. 

Tongue

lol

Edited by Michael678 - March 20 2015 at 12:16
Progrockdude
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 20:10
Your Lie In April is giving me goosebumps. 

Loving it. 

On episode 9. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 19:40
forgot to mention this but i caught up with Assassination Classroom a couple of days ago; it hasn't finished however. so i now have to wait weekly to see what'll happen next, which i cannot wait for!!!! Big smile
Progrockdude
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2015 at 14:09
So i finished Parasyte, Aldnoah, Akatsuki no Yona, and Bokurano.

I gave each a rating of 7, 5, 8 and 8. 

Yona succeeded so well because of the animation, colors, and likable characters.
Bokurano succeeded because of the interesting structure, plot and characters. 

Parasyte had a killer opening, interesting plot, and the main character was good (imo). But a majority of the supporting characters were a little bland and some events i disliked near the end. 

Alnoah had a much better second season. The emotions, characters, and plot in season 2 seemed more scattered and less important. The animation was still top notch and while it was certainly a guilt pleasure that i easily got through, it fell flat. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>