Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anime appreciation thread~!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 43>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 12:03
Well, I've watched four episodes just like I would listen to a whole album to be sure if I like it or not. I'm not the kind of people to shout "It's garbage!" just after seeing the opening.
Now that I've tasted enough of the stuff to make my mind about it, I won't watch the rest. End of the story for me.

(On the same time, I happen to enjoy Sagabegu, which isn't nearly as ambitious as AoT. Go figure...)
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 12:18
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I'm watching Akame la Kill and enjoying it, though Bro was my favorite character so >_>

I'm also on a Magi binge, i watched Season 1 a while ago and just waited until recently to start up Season 2 - and it's incredible. The series is a lot like Fullmetal Alchemist imo. 

Bro is great, definitely agree.

I'm enjoying the manga more than the anime. As expected, there's unnecessary fan service in the anime, and the fight scenes are sometimes a bit simple. But the storyline does follow that of the manga to a T.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 12:26
I started watching Code Geass the other day and I'm really enjoying it so far Smile
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 12:58
Lelouch is probably my favorite character in all of Anime. There are some very close runner-ups but he's fantastic. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 13:00
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Well, I've watched four episodes just like I would listen to a whole album to be sure if I like it or not. I'm not the kind of people to shout "It's garbage!" just after seeing the opening.
Now that I've tasted enough of the stuff to make my mind about it, I won't watch the rest. End of the story for me.

(On the same time, I happen to enjoy Sagabegu, which isn't nearly as ambitious as AoT. Go figure...)

The first four episodes are practically the prelude. I would advise watching like 3 more episodes before you decide to end it. 
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 13:50
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

The first four episodes are practically the prelude. I would advise watching like 3 more episodes before you decide to end it. 

Maybe. But I can already see how the characters will evolve, not to talk about the dialogues.
Bah, after all, in France, it's broadcasted late on friday evenings. If I'm in the mood next week...
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 22:27
I suddenly wanted to watch some classic 80's/90's cyberpunk anime today, so I bought the Cyber City Oedo 808 OVA today on ebay for $4 brand new.  Can't beat that.

I'm also currently watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix right now.  I'm only 5 episodes in, but it's not bad so far.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 15:40
And tonight, Evangelion 3.0.

I wonder if I would understand it, since I've neither watched the original series nor the movies.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 19:13
Seems to me like at least watching 1.0 and 2.0 would be a good idea.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 06:59

I wonder if I would understand it, since I've neither watched the original series nor the movies.

You wont, you really wont.

I'd highly recommend going back and watching the extended DVD/BR versions of 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone and 2.22 You Can (Not) Redo before looking for a fan sub of 3.33 You Can (Not) Advance (the DVD/BR wont be out until next year and given that Funimation have been pissing about like a drunken fool with this it wouldn't surprise me to find they have yet another spurious reason for another 6 month delay). Even then you'll have a bit of trouble with 3.33, there's a good bit of story between 2 and 3 that's just plain missing, I really hope the upcoming 3+1 that Anno announced will fill that gap.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 07:23
The four animes i'm currently watching are

SAO2, Akame ga Kill, Zankyou no Terror, and Aldnoah Zero - all of which are great. Zankyou has the wonderful Yoko Kanno for the soundtrack.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 12:56
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

You wont, you really wont.

I'd highly recommend going back and watching the extended DVD/BR versions of 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone and 2.22 You Can (Not) Redo before looking for a fan sub of 3.33 You Can (Not) Advance (the DVD/BR wont be out until next year and given that Funimation have been pissing about like a drunken fool with this it wouldn't surprise me to find they have yet another spurious reason for another 6 month delay). Even then you'll have a bit of trouble with 3.33, there's a good bit of story between 2 and 3 that's just plain missing, I really hope the upcoming 3+1 that Anno announced will fill that gap.

First, I live in France, so I'm not concerned with the Funimation DVD stuff and I think I would easily find the three movies on DVD without going for a grammaticaly dubious fansub.

Second point: I've watched the movies on the French channel J-One which had broadcasted the THREE movies in one row, but in the following order: Evangelion 3.0, THEN Evangelion 1.0, and eventually Evangelion 2.0.
Not only that, but J-One had presented Evangelion 3.0 at 10.30 P.M., making Evangelion 2.0 ending at... 03.30 in the night...
Needless I was asleep long before Evangelion 2.0....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:34
In what kind of universe is it a good idea to broadcast anything out of order? Evangelion, no less.

Edited by Polymorphia - September 22 2014 at 13:35
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:42
I don't even understand evangelion in order Confused

I'm still waiting for the 3.0 dub so I haven't watched it yet.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:44
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

In what kind of universe is it a good idea to broadcast anything out of order? Evangelion, no less.

In the universe of "Hey, we have EXCLUSIVE / NEW movies! Subscribe!" Party
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:45
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Did you watch the series or just the first two installations of the movie trilogy?

Edited by Polymorphia - September 22 2014 at 13:45
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:47

More like "Hey, we have EXCLUSIVE / NEW movies played out of order that you totally won't understand! Subscribe?"
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:52

Did you watch the series or just the first two installations of the movie trilogy?
I watched the series first, then the End of Evangelion movie, then the first two rebuild movies

And I was exaggerating about not understanding it Wink... well except for parts of the ending

Edited by bloodnarfer - September 22 2014 at 13:53
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:52

More like "Hey, we have EXCLUSIVE / NEW movies played out of order that you totally won't understand! Subscribe?"

I guess they thought EVERYONE went to the cinemas or rented the DVD to watch the two previous installments.
Anyway, I think I will go and rent/buy the DVD of the original series, end of the story.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2014 at 13:59

I watched the series first, then the End of Evangelion movie, then the first two rebuild movies

And I was exaggerating about not understanding it Wink... well except for parts of the ending
I understood the ending better than I did that last stretch of the actual plot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 43>