Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew band for tech/extreme metal- THE LOCUST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new band for tech/extreme metal- THE LOCUST
    Posted: January 25 2008 at 02:17
most of you may have ont heard of this band. they are a lot more popular than one would think.they are based in my hometown of san diego california. they are called THE LOCUST. they use fast punk/hardcore along with noise elements to create something that noe one else has come close to doing. i have listened to this band for a while and beleive that they should be added into the archives. here is a link to some of their music, though this only sctraches the very surface of what they can do

www.myspace.com/thelocust

you should start with their song "safety second, body last (part 1)" i beleive this song would be their most "progressive". if you guys decide that they can be added i would be happy to supply biography, discography, mp3s, and other stuff to help out. thanks for listeneing!
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 02:49
I added them to the prog metal chart.Smile
saintprimus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 17:14
i was this: (-) close to suggesting the locust in my last post...  anyway, prog or not, still a great band.  and I got to see about 30 seconds of them last night but at least the epicentre gave me a refund :) 
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 19:09
Originally posted by amused 2 KAOS amused 2 KAOS wrote:

most of you may have ont heard of this band. they are a lot more popular than one would think.they are based in my hometown of san diego california. they are called THE LOCUST. they use fast punk/hardcore along with noise elements to create something that noe one else has come close to doing. i have listened to this band for a while and beleive that they should be added into the archives. here is a link to some of their music, though this only sctraches the very surface of what they can do

you should start with their song "safety second, body last (part 1)" i beleive this song would be their most "progressive". if you guys decide that they can be added i would be happy to supply biography, discography, mp3s, and other stuff to help out. thanks for listeneing!

Not really prog metal, but that's just my opinion.

If anything, they're a wacky grindcore band. Quite good, but I don't see them as a prog metal band.

keiser willhelm View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 00:45
Originally posted by chamberry chamberry wrote:

Originally posted by amused 2 KAOS amused 2 KAOS wrote:

Not really prog metal, but that's just my opinion.

If anything, they're a wacky grindcore band. Quite good?, but I don't see them as a prog metal band.

Definitely agree with the wacky part of that description. . . a friend of mine was really into the locust last year and i was subjected to their noise for a while. i really cant think of anyone taking this band seriously. to me they sound horrendously bad, to the point where i laugh, which i think is the whole joke. They are meant to be made fun of. not prog, just grind/noise-core
InsectGalaxy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 09:46
I love the Locust
heyitsthatguy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 12:52
I don't think they qualify as "progressive metal" from the little bit I've heard

Post Reply Post Reply