Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLord Only - Crossover or Heavy Prog?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Only - Crossover or Heavy Prog?
    Posted: January 29 2008 at 16:16
I would like to suggest Lord Only for addition to the Archives.  I have a copy of their first album "Fear and Trembling".  According to their website, they were in the process of releasing a second album called Ecstatic Discharge in 2004, but their website does not appear to have been updated since then, so I am not sure if it was released or not.  I believe that they would either fit into the Crossover or Heavy Prog genres.  I don't know much about them other than what is included on their website for which I have attached a link.  They are or were from Atlanta, Georgia, so maybe one of the Georgia members might know more about them.  They were included on a sample CD that I received a couple of years ago from Progression magazine which included numberous bands from the Atlanta area.  I believe that these sample CDs are included in PA. 

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 18:24
hard as hell to judge.. much less potentially add a group based on song snipets... will see about finding some whole songs. Now if Dean, David, or myself were to come across an album...  then we'll be in business hahhaha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 22:03

The sampler CD that I have, Ghost Notes, had the track Man of Many Dreams, which is supposedly on their 2nd album.  It also had a video for the the track Fear, which was on their Fear and Trembling album.  Both of those songs can be heard in their entirety on their website.  I purchased the Fear and Trembling album from eMusic so I do have the entire album in MP3 format.  Is there anything additional that I should do?

Edited by rushfan4 - January 29 2008 at 22:04
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:00
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

The sampler CD that I have, Ghost Notes, had the track Man of Many Dreams, which is supposedly on their 2nd album.  It also had a video for the the track Fear, which was on their Fear and Trembling album.  Both of those songs can be heard in their entirety on their website.  I purchased the Fear and Trembling album from eMusic so I do have the entire album in MP3 format.  Is there anything additional that I should do?

holy sh*t... you done got yourself promoted hahhahah... and what the hell is that 'tag' supposed to be hahhaha.

Congrats... been away for a bit

bot....  I'll have a looksie and a listen to the website.  Thanks! Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:10

Yeah, I must have ticked somebody off. Wink  I'm not sure yet, but I think that the site monitors are supposed to monitor the site stimulators and aggravators or something like that.  Kind of like a hall monitor.  Actually, I should find out fairly shortly what trouble I've done gone and got myself into.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:12
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Yeah, I must have ticked somebody off. Wink  I'm not sure yet, but I think that the site monitors are supposed to monitor the site stimulators and aggravators or something like that.  Kind of like a hall monitor.  Actually, I should find out fairly shortly what trouble I've done gone and got myself into.

just remember... if you see me in the hall between classes, smoking a cigarette and brandishing a bottle of wine... I have a 'pass' from the principals of prog LOLLOLWink
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:30
interesting song Scott...  I might suggest tossing this to David and the hard..err.. heavy prog team.  Let them have first dibs...but he ..and most teams will need more than just one song to evaluate them properly.  
john turner View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 18:17
heya folks

thanks for the consideration :).  i'm john, the bassist from lord only.  we have more songs available to listen to at garage band, here's a link...

we also are selling cds from our home page via paypal.  i'd be more than happy to send folks a freebie if they are interested but not sure, and if they dig it they can chuck whatever dough they want our way afterwards.

the state of the band now is not quite defunct, but on hiatus.  both of our guitarists quit in 2004, but i have continued working with the drummer in various projects.  i have since renewed a relationship with the lead guitarist/lead vocalist and he has expressed interest in continuing the project - mixing and manufacturing the 2nd cd as well as continuing on to new material, so i am now going to look for a 4th member.  we're both working on other projects now too, so our plates are fairly full, but there is a timeline for lord only's 2nd cd to be mixed and released - hopefully by the end of the year, possibly sooner if we do it ourselves.  we got neil kernon to do our first one, and he did a pretty decent job but it was a very expensive undertaking.  not sure if we're up to repeating that again.  so probably we'll mix it ourselves.

thanks for being interested in our music.

john

http://myspace.com/lordonly
http://lordonly.net original music
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 18:36
Hi John,

Thank you for dropping by and checking out the site.  It will be a great thing if we can help you to bring your music to more members of the prog rock community.  This should definitely be helpful in giving the guys in the appropriate areas the chance to hear your music and make a decision on where to best include you.  Best of luck with your other projects, and please keep us informed regarding the 2nd CD.  I am definitely looking forward to it.

Scott
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 20:21
hey John... I'm going to send your post over the Chateau d' Hard..err.. Heavy Prog... if the lord of the estate..  David  thinks the samples are ... heavy enough for his tastes... perhaps he'll take you up on that album offer. 

Nice to see you around... enjoyed the song.. stick around and enjoy the site.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 21:11
thanks guys, i'll definitely check out the site and stay a while - looks pretty cool.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 21:17
Originally posted by john turner john turner wrote:

thanks guys, i'll definitely check out the site and stay a while - looks pretty cool.

yeah it is a regular slice of prog heaven around here LOL  Apologies in advance for all the Genesis, Porcupine Tree, and Dream Theater fans.. .they are like cockroaches...can't  kill them fast enough before the site draws whole legions of replacements.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 17:55
hey, i'm all about genesis, dt and pt :D.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 03:17
Scott, this is an excellent band and I will add them soon  ..thanks for the rec 

Clap

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 08:43
David,

Great.  I am glad that you enjoyed them.  I definitely think that fans of heavy prog would enjoy their sound and should check them out.

Scott
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 20:13
wow, thanks a lot dude.  we appreciate it greatly. Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 20:15
oh, and i'd like to renew my offer of sending out a cd to folks who might be interested in checking us out - you can get em from our webpage lordonly.net, but if you want to you can shoot me a private message and i can hook you up, or email me at [email protected]

thanks again.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 20:21
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Scott, this is an excellent band and I will add them soon  ..thanks for the rec 

Clap

excellent.. thanks David Clap
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 00:47
done
 Post Reply Post Reply