Topic ClosedPestilence reforms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pestilence reforms
    Posted: January 29 2008 at 21:13
Taken from Blabbermouth - http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88730

PESTILENCE Resurrected: 'More Tech And Way More Brutal Than Ever Before' - Jan. 18, 2008

Dutch guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he has resurrected his late '80s/early '90s death metal outfit PESTILENCE with a brand new lineup, featuring Patrick on vocals and guitar, Tony Choy (ATHEIST, CYNIC) on bass and Peter Wildoer (DARKANE, NON-HUMAN LEVEL) on drums. Patrick is reportedly working on new material which he has described as a modern fusion of "Testimony of the Ancients" (1991) and "Spheres" (1993), but even more technical and brutal. The group's new album will tentatively be recorded by Danish producer Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, INVOCATOR) and produced by Patrick himself, and will be issued through Holland's Mascot Records.

Speaking to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding his decision to bring PESTILENCE back from the dead, Mameli stated, "It's not a reunion, because I will not be playing with any of the old lineup guys, except Tony Choy [who played on 'Testimony'], of course so...

"I always stated there WILL NEVER BE a reunion, and there won't be, since I never look back at the past and I refuse now to play with people that are not on the same musical level as I am.

"I sang on 'Testimony' and 'Spheres' (two albums later from 'Consuming Impulse' [1989]!!), so no need for [original PESTILENCE frontman] Martin [Van Drunen]. This because of the above statement I just made. Furthermore, Martin is doing other things. Good for him.

"So now you have two members that were in PESTILENCE before and one new guy.

"The reason why I bring PESTILENCE back to life is that people/fans keep asking me for this. The time is right now and Mascot is giving me the opportunity to do so.

"As you know, I have always been the driving force behind PESTILENCE, writing all the music and so forth, so that I can state: I will bring back PESTILENCE to life. More tech and way more brutal than ever before."

Mameli's C-187 project, which also features Tony Choy, Sean Reinert (drums; CYNIC, ex-DEATH) and Tony Jelencovich (vocals; M.A.N, ex-TRANSPORT LEAGUE, MNEMIC), released its debut album, "Collision", last year via Mascot Records. The CD was recorded at Spacelab Studios in Oedt/Moers (near Düsseldorf), Germany and was mixed by Jacob Hansen.

ADMIN EDIT: (hopefully) removed a copied format that wrecked the thread layout.

Edited by Angelo - January 31 2008 at 17:02
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 15:34
That's AMAZING news to me, can't wait !
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply