Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEuropean Prog Festivals: Rolling Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 09:50
Originally posted by prog-chick prog-chick wrote:

(appreciated by me any way! Wink )

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 12:36
Here is the mail for tickets and any information needed:[email protected]
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 02:50
Here's a new one for the calender Fanny,

Name: 2. Munich Prognight
Date: Oct., 15, 2008, 8:00pm (doors open 7:00pm)
Venue: Metropolis Music Hall, Munich, Grafinger St. 6
Bands: Pendragon ( www.pendragon.mu )
Pirate on the Catwalk
Price: 20 Euros

Clap
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 07:11
yes... with the greatest respect, 3 bands during an evening constitutes a 'gig' rather than a 'festival' to be honest... I had predetermined that for inclusion, the minimum would have to be 4 bands over an afternoon and evening... otherwise, the doors would be open for me having to list every prog gig known to man...and I'll be here 'til doomsday....Unhappy

could you start its own thread, Rach??  many thanks....Hug
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 15:24
sorry. I was told it was a festival. its certainly being promoted as such,  tough fitting in to all the flipping rules some times, festivals not prog enough, not big enough..............??!?!?!!?!?!?!!?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2008 at 14:18
I came back from the Crescendo Festival last sunday:wow!The line up was varied and terrific and I saw
great concerts,here is my top 4:1 Turzi,2 Flor de Loto,3 Wicked Minds,4 Hypnos 69.I would like to praise
Turzi for they were outstanding.When they started playing,the big spaceship took off and the spectator was
ready to experience the ultimate trip to the cosmos.St Palais didn't exist anymore and minds were blown
away by powerful motorik drumming and sounds from outer space thanks to Tim Blake the cosmic messenger.Moreover one could feel like being part of the Music,having visions of the Silver Surfer,seeing
Jack Kirby's drawings.Anxiety was here too with the utterly dark vibrations reminding us of Ergun the drifter,
a spacebound soldier from Didier Comés'wonderful comic books.When the audience thought landing was
soon,climax was actually coming to the fore with this impression of reaching a cold city overloaded of Morricone influenced psychedelic noise and a second after being destroyed by extreme space kraut!Still
haunting 4 days later!A trilogy is being released by Turzi:A,B,C.The first one A was out in June 2007,B will be in stores in january 2009 and C(too early to know).Distributed by Record Makers,highly recommended
to Can and Ennio Morricone fans!
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:30
18th and 19th of October in Verviers Belgium:Progrésiste Convention
39 euros for 2 days of good progressive music in Spirit of 66
Saturday:Balloon,Periferia del mondo,Moon Safari,Aries showcase(acoustic),Gazpacho
Sunday:Cecilia Eyes,Conqueror,Pure Reason Revolution and many CDS to buy for compulsive proggers!

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:34
2th of November 2008:Acid Mothers Temple in Pannonica,Nantes France.Psychedelic Warlords from Japan!!!!!

crimson king
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 16:49
^^ thanks for the Progresiste info ff, its been added to the charts...Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 06:31
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

^^ thanks for the Progresiste info ff, its been added to the charts...Wink
You're welcome Fandango.Our music needs to come to the fore.

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 05:26
Another suggestion for any psychfreak:from November 28th 2008 to 30th November 2008 in CAPC
(Contemporary Art Museum)in Bordeaux,France there will a special exhibition dedicated to the psychedelic
movement from 1968 till the 80's.It will deal with great acts such as Ame Son,Gong,Cheval Fou,Barricades and so on alongside with a psychedelic rock festival with bands such as Turzi,Expo 70,Lichens,Ruralfaun Collective,Principles of Geometry,Psychic Ills........By the way,Tim Blake will guest with Turzi.It will be huge!

crimson king
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 05:33

^^nice one, FF...Clap

if you don't mind my saying so, that would be worthy of a thread of its own, in the Press Releases section, together with a live link, if there is one....I just think it would get some more attention, that way...Wink

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 15:09

Thanks Fandango.I will look for the live link.

crimson king
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 08:12
Even if talked about in another thread, your list should say that the RIO festival in Carmaux may be cancelled or postponned in september. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 11:00
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Even if talked about in another thread, your list should say that the RIO festival in Carmaux may be cancelled or postponned in september. 

duly adjusted...but a friendly PM to me would have been most welcome...sadly I'm not omni-present..Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 14:08
Progrésiste:D Day-3!

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2008 at 15:56
Progrésiste's over:Cry.I came back tuesday morning,less money on my bank account but good remembrance!It was great talking with other proggers.Balloon(NL)did good stuff with his psych/space rock à la Porcupine Tree/Pink Floyd and they rocked!Periferia Del Mondo:nice jazz rock fusion from Italy,solid musicianship,a nice moment.Moon Safari from Sweden play and sing well but it's too soft for my taste.Aries from Italy did a nice showcase.Gazpacho from Norway was rather dull.Sunday:Cecilia Eyes from Belgium has potential but it is not my cup of tea.Conqueror with his superb symphonic prog+hints of space rock reached the top:best concert of the festival for me.On the contrary Pure Reason Revolution was appalling,no soul,bad singer,heavy sound with no power!Great moment but I think the organisation should introduce at least one weird band.The line up was better last year but the event still is worth a try! 

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2008 at 07:04
Amon Duul 2 in Roadburn Festival(Tilburg Netherlands):they will play April 23th(confirmed),Guapo will also take part in and many others such as Neurosis,Solace,Outskirts of the infinity(Nick Solomon's another project,from The Bevis Frond fame),Cathedral,US Christmas.........from 23th to 26th April 2009.See roadburn.com for more details. 

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2008 at 14:34
If anyone is interested in about Bordeaux's CAPC's exhibition on psychedelic movement,he has to go to EXPO 70's myspace page in the upcoming shows section:look at 28th november concert,line up and prices(quite low) will be given.

crimson king
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2008 at 14:36
^^Hi ff, many thanks for all the posts you put in here for us; it is greatly appreciated, and within the next couple of weeks, I will embark on the Herculean task of completing the 2009 schedule...Pinch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>