Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"A reason to be here..."

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "A reason to be here..."
    Posted: February 03 2008 at 15:28
Hi everyone!

I thought it could be good to introduce myself now I know better this board, well not that much but I'd like to read it much more!

I discovered a lot of new bands thanks to ProgArchives and this message board, which is the greatest ressource of progressive music for me, honestly!

So...

My favourite bands: Marillion (H era), Mike Oldfield (70's), Yes, Genesis (nearly everything), King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator and Peter Hammill, Gentle Giant, Neal Morse, Sigur Ros, Jethro Tull, Caravan, Eloy, Oceansize, Pain Of Salvation, Porcupine Tree, Camel, PFM and so many more

But also, not so much on the prog side: Tori Amos, Kate Bush, The Gathering, Opeth, Radiohead, Tool, Neil Young, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Arcturus, Archive, Nick Drake, Anathema...

Trivia: I'm 27, from France, now you understand the roots of this strange way of speaking LOL I spend my time playing music for my solo project called Spleen Arcana, you can hear some tunes in my signature. I work actually on my first album.

I take this chance to thank all the people here who gave me musical advices to discover new bands, that's great!

Greetings from France ;)

Evans View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2008 at 16:06
Kate Bush owns. Aerial is so beautiful.
And welcome! Check out Comus.

'Let's give it another fifteen seconds..'
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2008 at 16:13

I need to listen to Aerial, it's the only one I don't own. My fav one is Hounds of Love at the moment :)
Guzzman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 05:59
Hi, JG, I'm listening to Teras Are Made To Flow while writing this and would like to take the opportunity to congratulate you for your efforts! Clap I like what I hear and although you named your favorite bands and one would imagine that your influences would be easily detected you manage to create your very own style. Hope you get your album released as planned and please let us know when it's out - I guess quite a number of PA-members would like to check it out! Good luck to you!
"We've got to get in to get out"
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 07:01
Originally posted by Guzzman Guzzman wrote:

Hi, JG, I'm listening to Teras Are Made To Flow while writing this and would like to take the opportunity to congratulate you for your efforts! Clap I like what I hear and although you named your favorite bands and one would imagine that your influences would be easily detected you manage to create your very own style. Hope you get your album released as planned and please let us know when it's out - I guess quite a number of PA-members would like to check it out! Good luck to you!

Oh Embarrassed that's really nice!! This song is not really done yet but that's really nice of you to listen to it!! I made available a complete song to download yesterday: http://www.spleenarcana.com/music/sounds
Maybe it can interest you even if it is a bit heavier than Tears are made to flow :)

Thank you very much for your support! Thumbs%20Up
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:27
Hounds remains my favorite Kate Bush album and believe it or not, the company I work for is called Arcana...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 16:40
Bienvenue!
moreitsythanyou View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 21:20
Great taste!
Bienvenue ą PA.
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2008 at 19:08
Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

Hi everyone!

I thought it could be good to introduce myself now I know better this board, well not that much but I'd like to read it much more!

not  a bad idea... I never introduced myself either... just some sort of immaculate conception.  Was born and instead of reaching for a bottle... I started arguing with a certain collaborator here LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 03:23
Thank you all :)
 Post Reply Post Reply