Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNorth America Prog Festivals: Rolling Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: North America Prog Festivals: Rolling Calendar
    Posted: February 05 2008 at 18:04

Welcome to a new initiative I am very proud to introduce to the Events forum! I have collated a rolling calendar, including the basic details of many of North America’s (Canada, U.S & Mexico) premier, annual Prog festivals, together with a weblink to their respective homepages, and ‘Myspace’ pages.

It is my intention that this list will be continually added to and updated as an ongoing process, in order that it might become a reliable and comprehensive ‘one-stop’ source of information on all Prog festivals throughout North America during the year.

In order for this to succeed of course, it goes without saying that I will need the help of you all. Firstly, despite the wonderful aid of the Worldwide Web, I am sure you will understand that not being a resident of North America, I am not at all familiar with your festival scene. It is consequently almost certain that I have missed out the details of a great festival near to you, so I would therefore be most grateful if you could add a post to this thread, with full details.

Secondly, many of the initial festivals listed are for more mainstream Prog, as opposed to RIO/ Avant Garde/ Kraut/ Canterbury and so on. Whilst I apologise for this omission, I would also be grateful if fans could post relevant details, below, to enable me to construct a more comprehensive festival guide.

Many thanks to you all, and Best Wishes

Jared

* Update *

Notice of Suspension of Calendar Updates

I have decided to stop the regular updates of these Calendars for the time being.  You can still find out the latest dates, line-ups and festival details by clicking on the links provided, within the post below this one.  It is hoped that in due course, Prog festivals information will be transferred to the front page, where it should receive greater exposure and become more of an asset.

In the meantime, if you feel you would like to take on the role of updating this calendar every couple of weeks, then please either PM myself or one of the Admin Team, to this end.  I thank you for the support and interest you have shown over the past 12 months.

Jared

Edited by fandango - January 20 2009 at 09:20
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 18:05

North American ‘Prog’ Festivals 2009

March ??: Baja Prog, Mexicali, Mexico.
Shortened event in 2009; dates and bands tbc; still no news!

May 1-3: ROSfest, Glenside, Philadelphia, US.
John Lees' Barclay James Harvest, Mangala Vallis, Moon Safari, Lazuli, Frost*, Abigail's Ghost, Nektar, Apocalypse, Iluvatar, Estradasphere, Touchstone

June 20,21: NEARfest, Bethlehem, Philadelphia, US.
PFM, Gong, Supersister, DFA, Oblivion Sun, Beardfish, Quantum Fantay, Cabezas de Cera plus Friday line-up tbc

June ??: BARfest, Oakland, California, US.
'Late spring' date and bands tbc; no more info at present

June ??: Power Of Prog, Clinton, New York, US.
No 2009 info to hand at present

August 8,9: 3 Rivers Prog Festival, Pittsburgh, US.
It Bites, Glass Hammer, Syzygy, Edensong, Phideaux, Singularity, 4 more bands tbc

Sept 5,6: ProgDay, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US.
Morglbl, 10 more bands tbc

September 11,12: ProgPower USA, Atlanta, Georgia, US.
Fates Warning, Orphaned Land, Pagan's Mind, Brainstorm, Circus Maximus, Powerquest, Tomorrow's Eve, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Sabaton, Royal Hunt, Andre Matos

September 12,13: FMPM Festival, Montreal, Canada.
Le Orme, Magenta, Rouge Ciel, Thieves Kitchen, DFA, Mystery, Excubus, more bands tbc

October ??: Nuance Festival, Toronto, Canada.
2009 Event tbc

October 10: Calprog, Wittier, California, US.
4 bands tbc

October ??: Progtoberfest IV, Ottawa, Canada.
2009 Event tbc

Edited by fandango - January 13 2009 at 05:58
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 18:05

Are you a Festival Organiser?

Help Us To Help You!

You could help us by providing our members with brief, regular updates on festival details, bands booked etc, by starting a thread, and adding to it, as news comes in. Naturally, the more often your thread is added to, the higher the festival’s profile will become as it is bumped up the page.

After the event, we would love you to either post a review or provide a Weblink, which in turn may attract more attendees next year!

You can gain some additional exposure by becoming PA's MySpace friend!

and we'll be happy to add your event!

ProgArchives is a keen supporter of Prog Festivals, Worldwide!

Edited by fandango - January 11 2009 at 07:51
Sckxyss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 18:09

Good idea for a thread..

FMPM: http://www.fmpm.net/eng/home.html
NEARfest: http://www.nearfest.com/

That's all I know of..
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 18:16
Originally posted by Sckxyss Sckxyss wrote:

Good idea for a thread..

That's all I know of..

got there before you....Wink

LOL
Sckxyss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 23:43
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Good idea for a thread..

That's all I know of..

got there before you....Wink

LOL

Well, if you look at the time of my post and the time you last edited the post with the dates, it would appear that I got there before you! Wink
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 12:40

Well, if you look at the time of my post and the time you last edited the post with the dates, it would appear that I got there before you! Wink

I was cutting and pasting from a previously prepared Word document....Wink
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 19:26
hmm, the nearest one of those to me is Portland....I'll see if i can go..

Cool thread Thumbs%20Up
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 19:43
Nice thread, thanks for posting the BajaProg, i will attend and i hope to see some of you there!

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 19:55
hopefully Raff will here in August.. if so... we just might make it to Chapel Hill for ProgDay. She'd love it there... beautiful place for a prog festival.  Shame I can't sprout wings and make it out to BajaProg to meet you Guillermo. That is a HELL of line-up.  Say Hi to Aldo for me.. see if he rememebers the crazy American from the Padova show last year LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 20:03
Jared, you can add Fish and Koenjihyakkei to the Nearfest lineup (there'll also be Morglbl which will be added to PA in fusion; also Radio Massacre Intl. will be there).
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 05:42
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

Jared, you can add Fish and Koenjihyakkei to the Nearfest lineup (there'll also be Morglbl which will be added to PA in fusion; also Radio Massacre Intl. will be there).

I certainly will do, Assaf...Wink

the idea is that I will visit each festival's website every few weeks and make any updates to confirmed bands, as a consequence...but I'm more than happy for you to all help me out with tip offs...Clap

Thank you one and all for the kind comments about both the threads, and if you have any further suggestions, please keep them coming....Big%20smile

Edited by fandango - February 08 2008 at 05:43
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2008 at 21:39
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hopefully Raff will here in August.. if so... we just might make it to Chapel Hill for ProgDay. She'd love it there... beautiful place for a prog festival.  Shame I can't sprout wings and make it out to BajaProg to meet you Guillermo. That is a HELL of line-up.  Say Hi to Aldo for me.. see if he rememebers the crazy American from the Padova show last year LOL

It would be awesome if we meet, hopefully soon Tongue, i am sure that Aldo will remember you, i believe you are hard to forget LOL

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 06:07
festival info has been updated...Approve
Sckxyss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 03:12
uneXpect have bailed on FMPM Cry
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 14:05
^^that's sad news...Ouch

but thanks for your help Alexander, I'll make sure I pick it up soon...Wink
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 10:39

uneXpect have bailed on FMPM Cry

Indeed they have...all festival info updated...Wink
zappabozzio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 19:14
Hey, awesome thread!  Another festival to add is the Bay Area Rock Festival (BARfest), which started last year.  Spock's Beard, Zero Hour, Jon Oliva's Pain, Enchant, Crimson Glory, etc. played.  There hasn't been any news yet for this year though.  http://www.bayarearockpromotions.com/

Also, CalProg just announced Echolyn...
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 13:18
Thank you Adrienne, both for your kind comments and your suggestions...Clap

re BARfest, I am aware of the event which took place last year, but have as yet found nothing for 2008, which is why it hasn't been added...I do check occasionally, and will add it if they do anything...Wink

re the rest of the festivals, I checked all their websites last saturday, and do so every fortnight or so for updates...I will certainly include your Calprog info in the next roundup...Smile
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 16:14
Great job. Clap  I forgot this thread was added and I posted about Calprog in the new thread.  Anyway I have been wanting since I have been on this site (May 2004)  for progfest links and updates.  Is this apperaing on the front page because it should.

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>