Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNorth America Prog Festivals: Rolling Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 17:07
^^many thanks for your comments Brian...I have been asked by the admin team to update gig and festival info on an ongoing basis, but could always use help and an extra pair of eyes...Wink

you are more than welocme to start a Calprog thread, and I know that todays news about Echolyn will please many...I believe they haven't played Calprog since 1994!

anyway, impriovements to this part of the PA site are on their way; keep watching...Smile
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 17:15
Actually in 1994 it was known as Progfest.  Different promoter.  Calprog is a really fun festival.  I have been to Nearfest once and Calprog three times.

Yes I will try and update you if you need it when I hear anything.  I will tell you a good resource for gigs is Progressive ears.  They have a great database of concerts and it is updated as often as possible. 

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 17:23
^^yes, I do refer to PE for info, along with about 10 other sites to get a rounded view of information...Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 22:56
Sylvan was just added to the Calprog lineup. 

Edited by Garion81 - March 02 2008 at 23:01

Statutory-Mike View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 13:04
Nothing in NY Cry
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 11:16
3 Rivers Fest, Pittsburgh, details now added...with bands to be announced within the next few weeks...Thumbs%20Up
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 11:54
Originally posted by MisterProg2112 MisterProg2112 wrote:

Nothing in NY Cry

I might have just fixed that for you...have a look at June...Wink
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 15:18
a note about the Bay Area Rock Fest...from the Festival organisers...(being as I have been asked...Wink)

"Thanks to all of you who have been posting over the past few months on your suggestions on the bands, and your desire to schedule your vacations around the festival etc.. This means a lot to me that you all have enjoyed the festival last year. I have been trying to put this together for this year, but it has been a big challenge. This was a massive effort last year, that I was unsure if I was going to be able to repeat this year due to my day job commitments, and the changing music scene.

My intent with this is to bring the Bay Area the best of the progressive rock and metal bands by providing a venue for local bands to play in addition to building a national and international fest like I did this year. I have built a good base that I hope to leverage for future events this year. Furthermore, I want to always make sure there is a differentiation both in music and timing between ProgPower, PowerFest, Nightmare Fest etc..

There are a number of things in the works right now-- both in terms of some local shows, and the BIG event to take place the weekend of June 27th and 28th in the Bay Area. One headliner is committed right now, and I am working on nailing down everything else. Some of you will like what I am doing - and Im sure that others of you will scratch your head and wonder what the hell Im thinking.

Thanks to all of you for your patience-- it will be rewarded!!"

I think that about clears that one up...watch this space!!Big%20smile
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 15:05
Well, Banco cancelled their performance at BajaProg....that is terribly sad...Unhappy

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 15:33
^^thank you Guillermo, I have edited the calendar...

here is the official announcement for anyone interested:

Once Again Banco del Mutuo Soccorso cancelled their performance at Baja Prog Festival.
Due to a hypertensive heart disease that affects Vittorio Nocenzi , Keyboardist of the band, his doctor has prohibited traveling by plane and recommends 40 days of treatment and rest, according to the Medical Certificate issued by the Italian Doctor Angelo Giunta.

New Trolls will play the day and time that was scheduled for B.M.S., they will perform without the symphony orchestra this time, but friday night you will be able to enjoy the entire special show.

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 14:45
Calendar updated....Approve
debrewguy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 19:06
Has Banco cancelled out of FMPM ? The site doesn't mention anything ...
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 16:25
Originally posted by debrewguy debrewguy wrote:

Has Banco cancelled out of FMPM ? The site doesn't mention anything ...

well, they cancelled Baja owing to the continuing hypertensive heart disease problem of the keyboardist, but of course FMPM is 6 months away, so I guess its a question of crossing fingers and watching spaces...Confused
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 20:56
http://www.artomatic.org/participate/guides

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, or even if it deserves mentioning here but:

IZZ to Headline Free Artrock Concert in Washington D.C. on May 17th

IZZ plays their first show in our nation's capital on May 17 when they head to D.C. to play the Artomatic Festival. Artomatic is a month-long multimedia arts event that draws together visual artists, musicians and performers and brings their work to the community without charge. For more information, visit Artomatic.org
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:25
Calprog just added Presto Ballet to open the show.

Smile

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 23:55
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, or even if it deserves mentioning here but:

IZZ plays their first show in our nation's capital on May 17 when they head to D.C. to play the Artomatic Festival. Artomatic is a month-long multimedia arts event that draws together visual artists, musicians and performers and brings their work to the community without charge. For more information, visit Artomatic.org

whoa ohh...

I missed them once.. not twice... thanks Scott...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

whoa ohh...

Your going to love guitarist Paul Bremmer (Brems) Clap

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 08:38
Originally posted by Garion81 Garion81 wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

whoa ohh...

Your going to love guitarist Paul Bremmer (Brems) Clap

I bet I will.... still kicking myself I missed them at Progday two years ago...  won't miss this one.Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2008 at 08:29
a few updates have been made to the calendar, people....Wink
Treasure View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 14:07
Sweet, Nuance hitting my hometown. I hope they can get Riverside to come, If they can, I am there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>