Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bass Communion - Pacific Codex + Ghosts... reissue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBass Communion - Pacific Codex + Ghosts... reissue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
N Ellingworth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bass Communion - Pacific Codex + Ghosts... reissue
    Posted: February 11 2008 at 03:36
Well I'm about to find out just how good it is, I just got a package from Headphone Dust, containing both Pacific Codex and Ghosts on Magnetic Tape. Big%20smile

EDIT: Pacific Codex is stunning, yet again SW has produced a fantastic album.

Edited by N Ellingworth - February 11 2008 at 05:13
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 02:32
Originally posted by N Ellingworth N Ellingworth wrote:

Well given how good previous Bass Communion albums are I'm sure it will be excellent. What frightens me though is the amount of money I've spent this month on various Steven Wilson releases. Wink

lol me too, I had previously ordered Bass Communion II (the reissue on 2 LP's) and I just recently ordered We Lost the Skyline.  I don't know what it is that makes me keep coming back to Steve Wilson, but I like it!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 03:26
Well given how good previous Bass Communion albums are I'm sure it will be excellent. What frightens me though is the amount of money I've spent this month on various Steven Wilson releases. Wink
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 01:54
I was thinking about making a thread for this...I'm glad you did though!

It sounds like it'll be a very good album, for those of us who love the genre.  I plan on ordering it as soon as I get some money.  I just recently ordered the 2LP set for Bass Communion II, and I already own Loss. 
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2008 at 01:39
Getting that. Cool

As for the 2 disc re-edition, it's already a habit for BC to rewind their main albums into different versions, editions, releases.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2008 at 17:08
The latest Bass Communion album - Pacific Codex -  is now available to preorder along with the CD reissue of Ghosts on Magnetic Tape.

Press release from swhq.co.uk:

Bass Communion's "Pacific Codex'' is finally here! The shipping starts on 11th Feb, but you can pre-order a copy now from Headphone Dust.

''Pacific Codex'' is possibly the most minimal and zen-like beautiful of all Bass Communion releases so far, a single 40 minute piece based entirely on processed and layered recordings of metal sculptures and gongs, creating complex waves of deep subharmonic sound. To fit with the oceanic theme, Carl Glover has designed an elaborate box set package which includes both stereo CD + 5.1 surround sound DVD-Audio discs housed in a thick card gatefold sleeve, a 36-page perfect-bound full-colour booklet, and a 2-sided thick card hand-numbered insert (975 copies), all housed in a super-thick case-bound card box (slipcase style).

US customers are encouraged to order / reserve their copies directly with the US label Equation Records.

To tie in with the release of ''Pacific Codex'', there is also a repress of the 2 disc edition of Bass Communion's "Ghosts on Magnetic Tape", which includes the original album and the full length Andrew Liles reconstruction in a miniature thick card gatefold sleeve. This will ship at the same time as Pacific Codex, and you can pre-order both releases together from Headphone Dust to save on postage costs.
 Post Reply Post Reply