FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpleen Arcana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 06:36
Hi Avenger!

Thank you so much for your feedback, I truly appreciate! I try to reply inside your message (in bold)

Originally posted by avenger avenger wrote:

Just chiming in on this album...

I know it's hard to get our independent productions to be heard..and then it's even a gift if anyone listens more than once and really gets the music....
That's right, it requires a bit more curiosity to discover and listen to unknown independent productions. And there's a lot of independent productions these days, it's a good thing though, prog and music is alive Smile

So far I have three on that list...JHimm, Salt in Spirit, and Spleen A.

This album is very good. I have listened to it all every day for over a week...I get that same craving to hear it as I do a Transatlantic or Flower kings album....that's a good sign to me.
Wouah! Thanks! They are the masters! Wink

The songs are epic. Well played and wonderfully arranged. Great retro prog honoring of classic sounds...trons, moogs, ARPs, rickenbacer(sounding) bass....etc...juicy stuff. 
Special note to use of the mellotron....just amazing...my favorite aspect of this album.
I love these vintage classic sounds! And Mellotron is one of my favourite vintage keyboard for sure, just so beautiful in itself! Thanks...

The long epic Memento...never loses me...I look forward to each transition and part. Which is the key to pulling off an epic long song...maintaining interest...Spleen does. 
I worked a lot on this song. I didn't want it to sound like a nonsense puzzle. At the beginning, this song lasted only 15 minutes but during the last months, I found other parts that fits in the music I already had. I didn't search for making a 25 minutes epic but these new parts were added very naturally. So...

Genesis, King C, Pink F, Yes...all flavors included...but never copied.  
Thank you, really, Genesis, Pink Floyd and Yes are three of my favourite bands ever, really my musical "heroes"!

I really dig this album.. Buying it. Support the cause!!
This is great! Thanks for supporting my music and keeping it alive!! Wink

Peace 
The fisher king

Hope it's not too hard to read...

By the way, it would be  great if you rate the album on Progarchives : http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44536 Tongue

avenger View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2014 at 21:25
Latest note from Texas....just drove 400miles for a work trip. Cranked Light/shade and jHimm all the way.  
As I noted above..I already loved Falling..and Memento....both were heavy rotation all week...but this trip let me absorb Erin Shores and it just blew me away!  The Celtic intro and tribal drums sound super...and then that wonderful arp sounding melody w acoustic guitar!  That part is perfect. 
The whole album is awesome. 

Bravo brother!

Peace
The fisher king

Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 10:43
Thanks again my friend!! Wink

A quick note to share Spleen Arcana's brand new website, hope you'll like it : http://www.spleenarcana.com/

And reviews of the album so far : 

And the new album is now available on Spotify :

Thanks! Wink

Edited by Anaon - April 17 2014 at 10:43
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456