Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Symforce Festival II, Tilburg, Holland, 23 August
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSymforce Festival II, Tilburg, Holland, 23 August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symforce Festival II, Tilburg, Holland, 23 August
    Posted: February 13 2008 at 20:46

the second edition of the SYMFORCE festival to be held at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland will this year take place on saturday 23rd august. Like last year we will have ten or more bands performing on three seperate stages with slight overlapping. Four names have been booked so far and our two headliners play a one-off at Symforce. Presales will start very soon. The names will be revealed on tuesday 19th february. All I can say is ... your jaws will drop !!! If you're the slightest bit interested in prog you HAVE to be present during SYMFORCE II on saturday 23rd august. Start spreading the word and make arrangements !

Bobo

On The Rocks - weekly three hour radioshow on www.laserradio.nl every sunday between 8 and 11 pm Brussels time
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 09:25
That's absolutely great news....Clap

please keep us all informed, Bobo....Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
RaphaelT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2008 at 10:41
Wish Holland was closer to Poland. The two letters are much more than it seems... 
yet you still have time!
LeInsomniac View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 21:57
oh what a bummer...that new date ruins all my plans for this summer. Last year I went to Symforce and it really was amazing, but i had to work for two months so i could afford going there, trips and all included, now that date will make me probably quit my summer job so I can go there. I certainly wont miss it! But it'll ruin my personal life beyond my taste in prog.

Well...See ya there!!!!! 

Happy Family One Hand Clap, Four Went On But None Came Back
Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 11:48
Just two weeks after I leave Europe. Cry
Hail Eris!
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 12:18
Great news Bobo Clap, now you better make sure Feedforward is there Wink
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 12:41
^^^and I think the date change, which avoids it clashing with the UK's own Summer's End festival, will also encourage more Brits to visit...Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Antennas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 19:23
Fantastic news, I'll make sure to be there (again)!

Jesus never managed to figure out the theremin either
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 06:27
the clock is ticking and I am so excited to reveal the first four names tomorrow ! All I can reveal right now is that these four names include two bands from Sweden and two from Holland. That's as far as this teaser goes :-)   This weekend I have finalized the other six bands which the people at 013 are currently booking. So things could go very fast from now on. In fact presales will start pretty soon and all I can say is be quick as we all fell this edition is going to sell out fast !

Bobo
On The Rocks - weekly three hour radioshow on www.laserradio.nl every sunday between 8 and 11 pm Brussels time
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 08:15
pre-sales start this saturday 23rd february !!!

Bobo
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 14:04
^^you really are building this one up, Bobo...LOL
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 16:02
Jared - make sure you get over here in August ;-)
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 17:18

It is with great pleasure that we can announce that none other than OPETH will headline the second edition of Symforce. With a ninth studio album in the pipeline our Swedish friends are playing a one-off at Symforce II and they'll deliver their full show ! With a ninth studio album under their belt for sure this will a memorable concert !

Second band in the main hall will be none other than PAIN of SALVATION. Known the world over for their diversity and quality PoS is also playing a one-off at Symforce II and they will also play their entire show

Opening in the main hall will be a sixpiece from Tilburg called TEXTURES. These young guys will release their third studio offering in march/april. Known for their technical metal approach the band has promissed us to play a special progressive set exclusively for Symforce II.

Due to the length of the Opeth and Pain of Salvation shows there will only be three bands in the main hall !

Main attraction in the small venue will be Dutch classic proggers ALQUIN. The band has been around since 1971 and are one of Mikael Akerfeldt's alltime favourite bands. The last time the band played at the 013 they sold out the small venue. In 2008 the band will also record a brandnew album, songs from which will most certainly be played during Symforce II

These are the first four bands for you. Six more acts will be added as time evolves and we'll be informing you as soon as we can.

Tickets go on sale this coming saturday 23rd february priced 47,50 euro's

May the Symforce be with you !

more info at
www.013web.nl

Bobo

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 11:45
Opeth AND Pain of Salvation! I think I've got to find a way to get to Tilburg this August.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 12:07
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Jared - make sure you get over here in August ;-)

sorry Angelo....I wouldn't walk across the road to see Opeth..let alone visit a foreign country...Dead

if I wanted to sit through an hour and half of cookie monster growls, I'd buy a 'Sesame Street' DVD...Tongue

next year, maybe??Wink

Edited by fandango - February 19 2008 at 12:09
Erik Scholten View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 04:55
Now this might turn out to become the perfect blend of the more energetic heavy sets in the main hall and some recovering/relaxing sets in the smaller venues. Although bands seem to be closing already, I believe Quidam and Mystery would be perfect bands to include on this already very interesting line up.
Only needing to avoid a summer holiday clash with this date.
Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 16:55

SYMFORCE II is pleased to announce the signing of MAGIC PIE. This Norwegian sixpiece was recently awarded "Progressive Rock Indie Artist of the Year 2007" which is a fantastic achievement. Their albums "Motion of desire" and "Circus of life" have achieved critical acclaim all over the world and with a new singer in their ranks things surely look fantastic. Rated as one of the best rock vocalists in Europe, Magic Pie's new leadsinger Eirikur Hauksson will still be a member of Ken Hensley's Live-Fire as well whilst he's also teaming up with Trond Holter of Wigwam fame to start a new band. MAGIC PIE will surely set the house on fire. Their presence at SYMFORCE II is a one-off !

When the final sounds from Opeth have died in the main hall, the afterparty will have started. In a similar style like last year's Bootcut, we have once again opted for a duo of Hammond organ and drums. KRIMINAL HAMMOND INFERNO is based in Brussels and delivers a mysterious groove mixed with obscure Italian soundtracks. Ennio Morricone meets Goldfinger meets Also sprach Zarathustra. You get the picture. A not the be missed event which we could describe as "progressive tongue-in-cheeck" so as to dust off the serious nature of our beloved musical genre

Four more names will be added so watch this space !

Bobo

Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 18:53

armed with a real Hammond, real mini-Moog and a real MELLOTRON, our Italian friends THE WATCH are the seventh band to be added to the Symforce II line-up. Fans of the vintage Genesis sound will be thrilled to bits as surely The Watch are one of the best bands in that style. The band's performance during Symforce II will be their only concert in Holland this year ! So you'd better catch them fast !

Opeth - Pain of Salvation - Textures - Alquin - Magic Pie - The Watch - Kriminal Hammond Inferno + 3 more names to be added Thumbs%20Up

Bobo

Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 19:00

although we promissed you two more names, we actually decided to add three more names to the festival making a total of eleven bands. These are the names we already had :

- OPETH (sweden) who will play an entire 2-hour show as opposed to their performances at forthcoming open air festivals making it a Symforce exclusive;
- PAIN of SALVATION (sweden) again a full 2-hour show making it yet another Symforce exclusive;
- TEXTURES (holland) these guys have promissed us a special progressive set exclusive for Symforce;
- ALQUIN (holland) still one of the better bands from the seventies and still going strong delievering ace new material next to their many classics;
- MAGIC PIE (norway) their very first visit to Holland and the introduction of their new singer. This band has been voted most promissing band in 2007 whilst both their albums were chosen as "album of the year". Magic Pie's visit to Symforce is their only appearance in Holland this year;
- THE WATCH (italy) going from strength to strength these guys deliver material which could be seen as unreleased vintage Genesis material. Singer Simone Rosetti sounds like a young Peter Gabriel whilst they bring along real Moog and Mellotron. It will be the only visit to Holland this year for the band;
- HYPNOS 69 (belgium) starting out in the stonerrock department Hypnos 69 has delivered one ace album after the other. Their most recent CD "The eclectic measure" can be seen as one of the alltime best prog albums by a Belgian band ever !
- KRIMINAL HAMMOND INFERNO (belgium) last year half of Beardfish became Bootcut when only drums and Hammond remained on stage. This year we do exactly the same by stripping all the instruments from the stage at the Batcave and putting the spotlights on drums and the mighty Hammond. Expect the unexpected with music full of Italian atmospheres, Morricone meets Goldfinger meets ... well you wait and see

and then the new names :

- SOLSTICE (england) this band has been going strong for a couple of decades now and has a very strong live reputation. Their entire output has recently been re-issued by F2 records whilst the band is eager to demonstrate their great skills. Featuring wonderful violin and crystalclear vocals amongst others, for sure SOLSTICE will be welcomed with open arms

- QUANTUM FANTAY (belgium) last year these guys smoked at the Herzburg festival in Germany. They even released a 2CD set from that performance which together with their two splendid studio albums have really set the wheels in motion. QUANTUM FANTAY continue where Ozric Tentacles left off years ago

- ???????? the final act can't be mentioned as yet due to contractual obligations. It will remain our "mystery act" for the time being. All we can say is that this band has reserved it's world premiere for Symforce II as they have never ever performed before under their new moniker ! It will be the icing on the cake !

For sure we have a very diverse line-up in stall for you. As always we want you to explore all territories of our beloved "progressive rock". Eleven acts, three stages, one day : 23rd august at the 013 in Tilburg, Holland. Snap up those tickets before it's too late !

Bobo

Symforce View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 17:45
the Dutch Fields of Rock festival which should have taken place on 20th, 21st and 22nd june has been completely cancelled. This means that in Holland OPETH will now only be performing at the SYMFORCE festival on 23rd august. As mentioned before the Symforce show will also be a complete two hour show with all the trimmings ! If you haven't bought your tickets yet you'd better do it soon as no doubt they will sell out fast now !

Bobo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>