Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Reasoning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 16:22
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Thanks for the tip on the new one.  Just got in on the preorder.

Nice one! Matt from The Reasoning sent me an advance copy of Dark Angel yesterday. The first time I've heard the finished product.

Over the last year I've been unbelievably fortunate to share with Matt, Rach and the rest of the guys the incredible journey they've been on that has resulted in Dark Angel. The trials, tribulations, emotional highs and lows, Lee's departure and Owain's arrival, the gigs, curries and the occasional wee drinkie. It's been a real rollercoaster ride, great fun, tremendously exciting and exhausting, and all I've done is watch! (except for the curries and drinking, that is, obviously).

So it was with considerable excitement but also serious trepidation that I listened to the finished product last night. After all, these guys are my friends, and what if I had to tell them that, really, it didn't really live up to my expectations; that, for me, it didn't quite hit the mark? I'd always promised them an honest opinion, and whilst that wouldn't affect our friendship it would be a bit of a downer nonetheless. After all, Awakening was my favourite album of last year and is indeed one of my all time favourites, hence my championing of all things-Reasoning ever since.

Ha! LOL. Dark Angel just takes everything to another level entirely. If Awakening was about a band asking questions, trying to find their feet, sound and musical direction, Dark Angel is their answer. Nine tracks - from full-on hard rocking blockbusters, three of which have already been played live, to gorgeous, lush, complex melodies that allow each singer to take the lead on songs of different styles and stamp on them their own personalities, but which equally enable them combine to form exquisite harmonies.

I hadn't planned on posting anything around the tinterweb for a few days, at the earliest, but the more I've listened to it over the last 24 hours (being at work strangely not a hinderance today Wink ) the more I've realised that I can't keep this to myself any longer: Dark Angel is stunning. Simply stunning.
Clap

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 17:49
Originally posted by Graemeh Graemeh wrote:

(except for the curries and drinking, that is, obviously).

You cook Indian?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 18:02
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by Graemeh Graemeh wrote:

(except for the curries and drinking, that is, obviously).

You cook Indian?

Pfffff British food= had to take from India because boiling everything was no longer a tasty option but they kept the drinking though! Love them, britsLOL
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12