Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGenesis Event 08 - 24+25 Mai08 - Alsace France

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genesis Event 08 - 24+25 Mai08 - Alsace France
    Posted: February 27 2008 at 08:36

Dear lovers of GENESIS music,

Star

The best way to introduce myself to you is to let you know what moves me at most, say, to promote prog music as an artistic culture with new kinds of meeting points and rendez vous, unusualy displayed and discovered or re discovered.

Star

An event as an option to the numberous gigs, who obviously remain essential, but offers you a few moments for a lot of dedications, insets and efforts from the fan site.

Star

The musical message needs sometimes more than just a gig to be fully appreciated.
To present music like for example Genesis, it needs worthy conditions for listeners in an adequate place.

Star

For these reasons we create an event lasting for a week-end long entirely dedicated to Genesis' work across almost 4 decades resulting in concert films in 5.1, SACD auditions, meetings and competition games.

Star

Star

We greatly hope to welcome some crazy people about Genesis there who wants to spend nice hollidaylike moments in an fairylike countryside.

See you
and maybe read you if you have comments or questions....

Paul and Carole   Smile    Embarrassed

Edited by doctordiper - February 27 2008 at 10:25
Always live for today
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 09:32
Originally posted by doctordiper doctordiper wrote:

We greatly hope to welcome some crazy people about Genesis there who wants to spend nice hollidaylike moments in an fairylike countryside.

well Paul, there are some crazy people on this site...I hope one or two of them turn up to your event...LOL

..keep us informed with the latest developments...Clap

Edited by fandango - February 27 2008 at 09:32
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
doctordiper View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 10:27
Originally posted by fandango fandango wrote:

Originally posted by doctordiper doctordiper wrote:

well Paul, there are some crazy people on this site...I hope one or two of them turn up to your event...LOL

..keep us informed with the latest developments...Clap

Many thanks Fandago, i hope so, and yes i'll tell next days which special guest we can welcome then.

Oops, i updated my post, the URL was only on the french version, now you can choose between English, French and German language...almost Swiss ....
Always live for today
dojonane View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2008 at 20:01
It should also be mentioned that my beloved WATCH will be performing at this event as part of their the Watch Plays Genesis 1970-71 tour. Having heard a few live samples direct from the band (provided for my consumption as the artist behind their latest album 'Primitive') I can assure you as an avid fanatic of Genesis music that the Watch, although undoubtedly inked with their own unique lifeblood as a band, come closer to emulating the spirit of Genesis in sound (thanks in no small part to Simone's uncannily similar natural - as opposed to trained or contrived - vocal tone to that of a 20 something Gabriel.)
Clone or not, no band links back to the pure source of art rock euphoria that culminated into a group of young Charterhouse graduates as the Watch do. Lovers of classic prog I implore you support this event and tell me all about it as I'm stuck in the progless capitol of the United States (sorry DC SOAR, I haven't forgotten about your noble efforts.)

10 days travel by foot;
I Wait neath the skin

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 07:07
Originally posted by dojonane dojonane wrote:

It should also be mentioned that my beloved WATCH will be performing at this event as part of their the Watch Plays Genesis 1970-71 tour. Having heard a few live samples direct from the band (provided for my consumption as the artist behind their latest album 'Primitive') I can assure you as an avid fanatic of Genesis music that the Watch, although undoubtedly inked with their own unique lifeblood as a band, come closer to emulating the spirit of Genesis in sound (thanks in no small part to Simone's uncannily similar natural - as opposed to trained or contrived - vocal tone to that of a 20 something Gabriel.)
Clone or not, no band links back to the pure source of art rock euphoria that culminated into a group of young Charterhouse graduates as the Watch do. Lovers of classic prog I implore you support this event and tell me all about it as I'm stuck in the progless capitol of the United States (sorry DC SOAR, I haven't forgotten about your noble efforts.)

Very nice recognition, Jane, many thanks for your support.
I promise you'll stay informed about this event and the bands future plans
(they still are working on a new album)
By the way, we are trying to attempt CalProg for next year, we have some good supporters in California.
Big kiss to you
Paul
Always live for today
dojonane View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 20:47
Haha. It's me, Spencer! Artist from Primitive! I almost didn't notice your name either, would've given it away. I was thinking "where do I know him from?"

10 days travel by foot;
I Wait neath the skin

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2008 at 03:12
Originally posted by dojonane dojonane wrote:

Haha. It's me, Spencer! Artist from Primitive! I almost didn't notice your name either, would've given it away. I was thinking "where do I know him from?"

Cool! I told myself the same, "This Dojojane...., where have i heard from...." LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Yes, that's how thing goes with a feminine login name Hug
But i should have recognised you, the style of your botomline painting has your distinctive paw.

Should be ables to announce the special guest till mid-march 08
...and it's an ex Genesis member! Approve (and not the smallest one)
Always live for today
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 08:18
NEWS: RAY WILSON +Ali Ferguson (Stiltskin) will be present at the event and perform an accoustic set exclusively GENESIS Songs all eras and some own songs. All in all they have a set ready for 30 Songs.
A great new for us, so far we'll be able to cover the whole bands career from Trespass to Calling All Stations.

Edited by doctordiper - March 12 2008 at 08:19
Always live for today
 Post Reply Post Reply