Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaul Cusick (first step: Eclectic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Cusick (first step: Eclectic)
    Posted: March 10 2008 at 20:22
Web Site:
http://www.paulcusick.co.uk

Info (taken from site):

Quote Welcome to my little corner in Cyberspace. I have written, played and recorded with numerous bands and artists over the years. However 2008 will mark the release of my debut album "FOCAL POINT". Feel free to listen to extracts from my songs in demo form, together with some working elements for new songs and instrumentals. Revisit to hear the elements of the album as it grows.

Focal Point provides me with the opportunity to indulge in my love for experimental / progressive rock. I am a big fan of bands such as Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Rush, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Train, Queen, Coldplay, Radiohead, Keane and Dream Theatre. The list is pretty endless.

Although Focal Point is still being crafted, I hope the uploaded music clips provide a taste for what's to come. I welcome constructive feedback.

I'm also working on other projects with Marc Atkinson ( who is kindly lending his fantastic voice to Focal Point ) and Riversea.

If you like what you hear...,

I only heard a few snippets, but intend to try some more. Who else has tried this guy's work - opinions?

Edited by Angelo - March 10 2008 at 20:24
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 15:42
Hmm, I like it but I don't really know about how progressive it is.  It reminds me of Blackfield in mood and sound, and would be considered Prog-related at best IMO, but it still is enjoyable.  He's got a great pop-prog sound and makes some good melodies too.  Oh, forgot to mention he's got a great voice, sounds great with the music.
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 06:46
Thought I'd drop by and add a bit about myself after reading this post...,

"Having written, played and recorded with numerous bands and artists over the years 2008 marks the release of Paul Cusick's Debut Solo album "FOCAL POINT". Feel free to listen to songs in at
www.paulcusick.co.uk 

Focal Point provides the opportunity for Paul to indulge in his love for progressive rock. With influences taken from such great bans as Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Rush, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Train, Queen, Coldplay, Radiohead, Keane and Dream Theatre.

Band Members: Paul Cusick.
( I'm currently seeking a great drummer to help finish CD - Contact me if you have a great studion set up so we can work online)

Paul%20Cusick%20-%20Focal%20Point

Edited by Q6 - May 19 2008 at 16:24
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 04:45
Drum Wizard Phil Robertson now features on "Focal Point".

After auditioning a few drummers, Paul has been lucky enough to get Phil Roberston playing drums on the track Big Cars (Part 1). A brief summary of Phils drumming history:

"Phil has worked with producer/ engineers such as Micheal Bienhorn (Chilli Peppers), Chad Kreoger of Nickelback, country music hit writer Brett James, Bob Rock (Metallica, Motley Crue), Mike Fraser (ACDC, Aerosmith), Rhys Fulber (Delirium, Fear Factory), Greg Reely (Sarah McLachlan, Delirium), Rolf Hennemann (Heart, Al Stewart), Bill Henderson (Chilliwack), David Hayes (Klaatu, Rush), Pat Glover (BTO, Paul Rogers) along with many others."

He's done a great job on Big Cars. I hope he can lend his talent to more tracks on Focal Point.
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2008 at 18:01
Just a quick update. Paul Cusick (that's me) now has 2 records deals on the table. One from "Prog Rock Records" in the USA and one from "F2 Music" in the UK.

I have therefore enlisted the production skills of John Spence who will now be mixing and producing my upcoming CD at Fairview Studios.

John has recently finished the "Mostly Autumn" CD and was recommended to me by BJ from MA himself.

To keep updated on my news and to preview songs please visit my website and add your details to my mailing list.

Cheers

Q

Edited by Q6 - August 11 2008 at 18:03
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 17:57
With an album on pre-order and samples available, may I suggest the Eclectic team has a first listen?
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 13:08
Of course we would check it.  I've mentioned it in the Eclectic thread, and it's under evaluation by the team.

EDIT: It's being evaluated by the Eclectic team in its thread.  I've listened, but don't think it's right for Eclectic.  No for Eclectic from me.  I'll mention it to Xover for their insight.

Edited by Logan - August 28 2008 at 14:13
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 15:22
Any news?
ISKC Rock Radio
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 15:46
I think Dean can tell you how he got an ear-ache after listening to Cusack. LOL
No for Eclectic, anyway.
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 10:08
Hi Reviewers,

It's great that you're taking time to listen to my music with a view to judging / categorising Clap  but it may be advisable to wait until the Album is finished.

My website does have samples my songs that will be featured on "Focal Point" but most are rough demos and some songs that are to appear on the CD have not been uploaded.

I will post here when the finished CD is available. Thumbs%20Up

I must say I am rather looking forward to reading how you classify my music/songs? Given I don't know how to classify them myself. Wink

Many thanks

Edited by Q6 - September 30 2008 at 10:12
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 13:03
That makes sense.  Thanks, Paul!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2009 at 02:26
What?
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 14:38
OK songs have been mixed, mastered and uploaded. Still reviewing mastering but they are as complete as make no odds. So there you go have fun.

I uploaded them all to a music player on Facebook, which incidentally has built up almost 5000 fans in 3 months...,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Cusick/65398332626

There is also a music player with all tracks at :

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulcusick

CD will start shipping early June

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Q6 - May 21 2009 at 14:38
Prog_Bassist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 21:31
paul, i am on your facebook fan page, really good music, dude.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 02:03
Originally posted by Q6 Q6 wrote:

OK songs have been mixed, mastered and uploaded. Still reviewing mastering but they are as complete as make no odds. So there you go have fun.

I uploaded them all to a music player on Facebook, which incidentally has built up almost 5000 fans in 3 months...,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Cusick/65398332626

There is also a music player with all tracks at :

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulcusick

CD will start shipping early June

Thanks

Paul

Great news and all the best with the CD launchClap
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Q6 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2009 at 04:30
Well CD is delayed due to artwork but the mighty world of digital music has marched on way faster than I anticipated. I expected the CD to be out first and then MP3s would follow unfortunately websites like Amazon gave estimates of up to 6 weeks and took 3 days to release music. So I've worked all weekend to get higher quality MP3s on my label www.qrock.co.uk

Anyway its official the CD is live and released. You can see where it's rolling out at http://www.paulcusick.co.uk

Looking forward to those reviews ;o)

Q
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 12:24
Thanks Q !

Just to let know the admin team that indeed we should accelerate the process here since QRock are also working with us in advertising now and may consider a Featured Artist spot for July.

Max
Prog On !
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 12:10
Originally posted by M@X M@X wrote:

Thanks Q !

Just to let know the admin team that indeed we should accelerate the process here since QRock are also working with us in advertising now and may consider a Featured Artist spot for July.

Max

I know this comment is directed at the admin team (does that mean that it's being considered for Prog Related now?)

So some haste on this one for possible Featured Artist spot.  Although I'd listened to it before and felt that it wasn't right for Eclectic, I thought I should listen again so to hear the album properly (In regards to the streaming material that is now available).  I still don't think it's right for Eclectic.  I do see it more on the Crossover vein, but of course that's up to that team to decide.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 12:17
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Thanks Q !

Max

I know this comment is directed at the admin team (does that mean that it's being considered for Prog Related now?)

So some haste on this one for possible Featured Artist spot.  Although I'd listened to it before and felt that it wasn't right for Eclectic, I thought I should listen again so to hear the album properly (In regards to the streaming material that is now available).  I still don't think it's right for Eclectic.  I do see it more on the Crossover vein, but of course that's up to that team to decide.
Yes Greg, Paul Cusick is being evaluated by Crossover at the moment, but I am currently a team of 1½ members and shouldn't really be adding bands on my say-so alone.
What?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 12:22
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Thanks Q !

Max

Yes Greg, Paul Cusick is being evaluated by Crossover at the moment, but I am currently a team of 1½ members and shouldn't really be adding bands on my say-so alone.

Might a recommendation from me in favour of Crossover tip the balance enough? LOL Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>