FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCynic: Tour & Recording Press Releases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cynic: Tour & Recording Press Releases
    Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:34
Drummer Sean Reinert of the reunited progressive metallers CYNIC, whose 1993 album "Focus" is regarded as a landmark release in the field of technical/progressive metal, has issued the following update:

"Many of you might be in the 'know' but for those of you who are unaware CYNIC has been booked for the Wacken [Open Air] festival in Germany this August. We will be filling in a few more dates around this for a small first run. We anticipate a full world tour to coincide with the release of the new CD this fall. Plans include Western Europe, USA and South America. Hopefully we can get to Japan!!!

"For those of you who are interested in AEON SPOKE [Sean's other band, also featuring CYNIC's Paul Masvidal on guitar/vocals], we are currently writing/recording new material for a second release sometime in 2009. The current CD is availible for download as well as a T-shirt for purchase under the 'messages' tab on the website (www.aeonspoke.com)."

CYNIC founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars / vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums), who both gained reputation and praise while performing alongside Chuck Schuldiner and DEATH in the recording and touring lineup for the milestone album "Human", recently spent time in Sanford, Florida, working on the mix for three new demo tracks together with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, CHIMAIRA, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DEVILDRIVER, etc.) at his own Audiohammer Studios. The three new tracks are entitled "Integral Birth", "Evolutionary Sleeper" and "Adam's Murmur", but Masvidal and Reinert have already written a full album's worth of new material and the band will use the demo to begin talks with record companies about a 2008 release.

Masvidal previously commented, "I'm amazed that we're here again, and that is a testament to the unpredictable beauty of the creative process. We received so much inspiration during last summer's reunion tour that a flood of new material has since poured out of us. There must be a default metal root in us from childhood that insists on being watered and loved, so we're just trying to keep up with ourselves — the CYNIC sirens are screaming inside and won't let up! Our policy has always been about surrendering to what feels most organic and staying in the flow. To put it mildly, this last year has been a creatively abundant and productive period. We're intoxicated about now and the future."

More news on CYNIC's recording and touring plans will soon be announced, and a new website will soon be launched at www.cyniconline.com.
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Bj-1 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 11:59
Fantastic news!

Im really looking forward to their new album, and a visit to Norway (if they bother) wouldn't mind me at all!

RIO/AVANT/ZEUHL - The best thing you can get with yer pants on!
EXERIOR Experimental tech/death/progmetal from Norway!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 12:01
^^when Blowie's happy, I'm happy....LOL
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply